Helion Lanyard

sexton147

How are you guys packing your helions in the field? I have used just a standard neck lanyard and stick it in my pocket to keep from swinging around but I would like something a little more handy, is there any better option?

There is always stuff a person needs to take into the field. So, for me, I look for a way to keep it organized and easily accessible.

If you have a Molle style chest rig, belt, etc, the water bottle holders are about the right size for the Helion. They are a little deep, so I put a foam pad on the bottom to make it easier to take the monocular out. This is a picture of what I call my nighttime minimal rig. It just has the monocular, an extra clip, and my FoxPro remote.

Simple.jpg

The next image is of the Haley Strategic D3CRX Chest Rig from Night Goggles. I use this during the day to hold virtually everything, and there are multiple places to put the Helion at night. Here is one configuration with my FoxPro remote, 2 calls, squeaker, extra mag, phone, spare battery, Rangefinder binos, laser, and my Helion.

Haley.jpg

Kirsch, I like that idea but it doesnt look like you could run your sling over all of that too easy. Rifle is usually on the tripod when I leave the truck, unless I’m planning for a long walk, but when it’s time to drag fur rifle is on my back with the sling over my neck and across my chest.

The sling is over my shoulder, So it really isn’t in the way as my shoulder areas are clear. I carry my tripod with my left hand and my call with my right. . I use an Arca Swiss adapter on the gun, so I can have it attached in 1 to 2 seconds once I’m in my calling spot.

I ended up buying a product similar to this, waiting on season to open before I get to try it in the field but seems like it will be great.

Originally Posted By: Rookietjx2I bought this for my Axion, but it would work for the helion as well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07F251JK4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I carry my rifle across my chest, and this allows me to scan, "drop" the scanner, and get to my rifle quickly. The picture shows it across the body, but I have it slung on one side so it doesn't interfere.

Back