Does anyone have any experience with a Pulsar Digisight Ultra

TD15

Was looking at purchasing a Wraith the other day and saw the Digisight Ultra next to it. It's double the money of the Wraith and the guy at the gun shop said it was more powerful and you would be able to see farther. I would be using either of these scopes for shooting over a bait pile around 250-300 yards. I have been using a Photon XT the last few years. Can't afford thermal at this time just looking for a better image quality at night.

I know a guy who had one of the newer model digisights, don’t remember the number, but it wasn’t much, not worth the price tag. One of the cheaper digitals will most likely suit you better and definitely be easier on your wallet.

My experience with digitals include two Photon XT’s, an ATN X-Sight 2 and a ATN 4k. The XT was OK but grainy, the 4k has better resolution and a definite improvement over the X-Sight 2. If you ever decide to try the 4k, I would recommend the 3-14x model unless most of your shooting is beyond 100 yards. The Wraith seems to be a good scope from the reviews and videos I have seen. Resolution appear to be very good, though I don’t have any personal experience with it.

To identify and harvest animals consistently at 300 yards is a challenge for digital night vision. Digital Night Vision requires a lot more light than traditional night vision. You will need a more powerful IR light source than any of the stock illuminators. I don't have any experience with more powerful IR illuminators.

I have used the Wraith and I would feel comfortable saying the stock IR can reach 150 yards consistently, and I have a T-20 illuminator that will extend it to around 200 but to identify and shoot coyotes consistently at 300, it would need even more light.

I would have suggested moving into true night vision gen 2 or 3 such as a D740 or D760 but really good night vision costs about the same as entry-mid level thermal.

Well I had a Sniper Hawg LRX 66 on my Photon XT, so to get the distance I figured I would have to do it with whatever digital scope I bought. I know a guy that bought a ATN last year and he never could get it to work right so he returned it. With all the positive reviews on the Wraith I was planning to buy it but saw the Digisight in the case beside it and figured I would do a little more research before I bought another scope.

Last edited:
The 355 is 3.5 native and the 455 is 4.5 native.

My 355 is decent, I've identified coyotes at 150ish yards with the stock light, and the picture is pretty good. However, I don't think it's worth almost 3x the price of the Wraith.

I have the Wraith. Have killed coyotes at night with it. I have no problem going 300 yards, with the Infinity IR from High Tech Redneck.

The Infinity IR light sounds pretty nice Old Cat. Dont have one, but something like that should really extend the range of any digital NV. It also has the benefit of an optional pressure switch, which I think would be very handy.

I have the pulsar n450 but only been out couple times my soninlaw was on the gun ,trying to get his first coyote he id a fox,out of season at about 150 yards with the stock light I do have the wicked 3 in 1 light it is brighter just didn't have on the gun then.It was a lot more money then some of the other ones but I have a xp38 scanner the buttons lay out are similar it has pip and same battery pack i'm New to this night vision stuff so I have very little experience don't know if I could safely Id at 300yards

It is likely that what you really need for the photon is more IR. The UK guys have advanced digital night vision. Look into the latest IR vcsel illuminator made by n8vision or irlightbuilds. They are using these for 3 to 400 yard shots on foxes!

Back