AR Triggers what does it all mean?

willy1947

T76iUZj.png

Are you asking or are you giving an answer?

What you posted explains it very well. I personally like two stage triggers for most my ARs I use for hunting. With a two stage you can feel the "break" in the first stage and know only a slight amount of additional pressure will cause the second stage to "break" and firearm to fire. I feel this allows me to better control the exact moment the gun will fire. With a heavy one stage factory trigger it is more difficult to control and predict the exact moment the gun will fire.
I have 4 two stage triggers by Geissele and a one stage trigger by Geissele. A quality aftermarket trigger is one of the best upgrades you can make to improve your AR in my opinion. Once you shoot a quality aftermarket trigger you will become a trigger snob and not want to use a cheap factory trigger on any of your guns.

Aftermarket trigger in ANY gun will make you a happy shooter. Has me.

Have 4 or 5 Timneys now. First is in a sporterized 03-about 15 yrs ago.

for the money the rock river is my go to ar trigger.I own a bit of all of them and there are better Like ar gold and geissele but for 80.00 bucks rock river gets my vote!

See how things change. I like Rock River also.
I post this for people to understand AR triggers.
Not what trigger to buy.

Funny to see that last section - “Timney triggers offers the leading single stage and two stage replacement triggers for a variety of weapons.”

For weapons which don’t have any other aftermarket trigger options, maybe. For hunters too cheap to use a decent trigger. Maybe. But Timney is a long way from “the leading trigger” in any common competition format.

Originally Posted By: VarminterrorFunny to see that last section - “Timney triggers offers the leading single stage and two stage replacement triggers for a variety of weapons.”

For weapons which don’t have any other aftermarket trigger options, maybe. For hunters too cheap to use a decent trigger. Maybe. But Timney is a long way from “the leading trigger” in any common competition format.

calm down... its a direct quote from the timneytrigggers.com blogs

https://timneytriggers.com/blog/the-diff...ement-triggers/

word for word, just set on a different background and the phone number left off. not shocking they're advertising their stuff with that language.

did you really expect any manufacturer to pimp someone elses product over their own or not claim that what they make is the best?

or were you expecting a tag from them saying something like
"Timney triggers, we're good enough for people who dont give a [beeep] about having a good trigger"
lol.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: ManyMagI really like my Timney triggers but what do I know?
I drive an old ford and my coon dog is a spotted border collie.

im with you, they make a respectable trigger. ive got two of them. love that clean, crisp break.

I have them in about all of my long guns My old coon dog is long gone and I am not far behind him my legs are going and have black-lung do not make it to the gun range much any more

single, you squeeze and it breaks,
two, you squeeze and take the take up, then comes to a wall and then squeeze harder and it breaks.
honestly for varmint hunting especially night hunting where you cannot see the trigger. or gloves on.. its hard to beat a two stage trigger.. you can pull that takeup and feel the wall before the shot breaks.

Last edited:
Have any of you fellas played with the Triggertech Diamond triggers?? Those things are the reason I went back to a gas gun for predators. It really does outshine a timney to me

Back