Picked up a Savage 93F 22 WMR

bmoore

Not sure why but I really like these rifles. I got a 93R17 GV in 17HMR last year and really like the rifle a lot. Figured a synthetic stock iron site 22wmr would go well with it for plinking and target shooting when a get tired of the larger centerfire stuff. As a bonus they take the same mags. Anyone have one of these?
https://imgur.com/Asieyna

Ive had 3, two 17hmr and one 22mag...had mag feed problems with all 3. Tried bending the lips and messing with feed ramp angle, tried new mags, gave up on them...id never purchase another savage rimfire, the mkii .22's are great but they really dropped the ball with the 93 series

Well that sucks. I have not had any trouble out of my 93r17gv. I have read about people having problems with the early ones.

i remember there being mag problems, but i thought savage had corrected that years ago. even their newer 10 rounders were pretty solid.... vs that one aftermarket company who was out there for a minute that was nothing but problems. those were *awful*

i do beleive that inline mag they chose for that model was a poor idea to begin with...the one part i never did like was that stupid post they had the mag slide up on in the magwell.

i would have been much happier with the rotary mags like they use in the a-17 and others.

Maybe one of the best pick up truck rifles of all time!!! Great all around rifle! Mine shot the old Rem green tip 22 magnum the best . 1/2 or better at 50yd all day long😄👍

Originally Posted By: marcoMaybe one of the best pick up truck rifles of all time!!! Great all around rifle! Mine shot the old Rem green tip 22 magnum the best . 1/2 or better at 50yd all day long😄👍

Awesome!

I will say that the accuracy of the 3 i had was impressive...picking 17hmr rounds up out of the leaves on the woods floor was not impressive. I switched to a CZ 455 22mag, much better in every way.

Any of the CZ rimfire I've seen all had feeding problems ! I heard it's worse now on the 547! That magazine is junk plastic!!!

The savage rimfire are great guns! You know the CZ guys with there 452 oops sorry I mean 455 oops again !!! Now the great 457!!! The CZ shooter or the CZ company can't make up there minds on which rifle model to stick with!!!

I will add my 455 22wmr, had accuracy issues, wouldnt group under 1.5" a 100yds.
But as far as function it was flawless. The plastic "junk" mags loaded easily, and fed reliably everytime, something i cannot say for any of the 3 Savages.

Originally Posted By: marcoCZ?!!!! I can't take that Polish safety!!!!!

Its either on or off. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out.

I have the 93r 17hmr with a cheap center point scope mounted. Have had 0 troubles with it or the scope it lives on the back rack of my 4 wheeler year round. Very very accurate.

J

Never any trouble out of mine. I treat it like crap and never clean it. Sighted it in on a dr pepper can between the 50 and 75 yard lines with 40grn hollow points.

Back