Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3216608 - 10/29/19 01:37 PM Re: How and what do you carry to a stand? [Re: ibschmidty]
Call-and-Kill Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Mission Valley, MT
eCall in my left hand, shooting sticks in my right. Rifle over my shoulder and a velcro ammo pouch in a coat pocket. Usually have a hand call or two around my neck or in the pocket opposite of the ammo. I don't take much with me but have tons of junk in my vehicle in case the need arises.

Don't Educate....Ventilate

#3216631 - 10/29/19 05:26 PM Re: How and what do you carry to a stand? [Re: Call-and-Kill]
Coyotejunki Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: MO
Depends on where I hunt and what rifle or shotgun I take.

Generally, rifle or shotgun, e-caller, stix and seat. If possible longer range shooting Bino's and rangefinder. Lately I wear a chest pack with a drag, a howler, rangefinder in it. Plus the above.

#3216654 - 10/29/19 09:37 PM Re: How and what do you carry to a stand? [Re: ibschmidty]
skinney Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: South Dakota
Originally Posted By: ibschmidty
I am just now getting a tripod and realizing that I will now be hauling a bit to the average stand. How do you carry your gear, shoulder straps, back pack what have you? Also, what do you carry? E-caller, seat/chair, hand calls, binos, range finder, sticks/tripod, coyote drags, extra gloves/mask, extra jacket, kitchen sink?

We carry quite a bit in, even if we don't use it all, we have it, in case.

One of the most efficient ways I've found for carrying our gear, is Eberlestock packs, I bet we get asked hundreds of times throughout the year, "hey, what kind of pack are you guys using?"
It's got an integral scabbard, to center your rifle between your shoulder blades and distribute the weight evenly which is much more comfortable IMHO. It has an oversized waist strap (cummerbund) so when you snug her down, the weight of the pack rides on your hips below the lumbar in your back. Making it very comfortable when you need to gear up with extra weight, or just to go that extra mile or two.

I use the G4 personally, it's usually overkill for most, but since I do carry the Rifle and or the Camera with the larger Manfrotto and Fluid head, with the call, and extra batteries (+ alot more junk), it makes going in and out so much easier.

My guys usually use the more discreet X3 Lowdrag which is perfect for Rifle/Call and even your Tripod.

They'll hear ya three times, see ya twice, but only smell ya once.

Play the Rabbit, and they will come.

#3216663 - 10/30/19 12:10 AM Re: How and what do you carry to a stand? [Re: ibschmidty]
DesertRam Offline

Loc: Las Cruces, NM USA
Probably way more stuff than I need to carry. smile

I pretty much always have my chest rig, aka Snuggle Buddy, with the bino, rangefinder, GPS, camera, wind checker, spare calls, etc. I have a Mojo Critter Sitter (a chair that turns into a backpack) that has pockets in which I carry a totin' strap, spare batteries, a couple calls on a lanyard, spare face mask and gloves, and other small odds and ends. To the outside of the Sitter I strap a 2" foam pad (in case I want to sit way low) and my Shockwave. I put my Trigger Sticks in the side pouch of the Sitter and sling the whole thing. Then I just carry the rifle or shotgun.

With all that stuff, I'm ready for whatever kind of stand I come across. I can hand call or use the Shockwave. I can stand up, sit in the chair, or drop all the way to the ground on the pad.

#3216698 - 10/30/19 09:57 AM Re: How and what do you carry to a stand? [Re: DesertRam]
wolftrapper Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: e. washington
Rifle on a sling, one or two hand/mouth calls, half dozen extra ammo, cell phone for emergencies (I hunt alone).

#3216706 - 10/30/19 11:34 AM Re: How and what do you carry to a stand? [Re: ibschmidty]
GRIZZLYONE Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: So Cal
Rifle

#3216722 - 10/30/19 02:34 PM Re: How and what do you carry to a stand? [Re: ibschmidty]
Seebass Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: CA
I use the Cabelas Speedy Yote vest to carry my small misc. equipment (Diaphrams, gloves, mask, wind check, bullets, water, drag and a wash cloth).

I walk with my rifle on a sling over my right shoulder while carrying my Shockwave and BiPod in my left hand. I have my remote on a lanyard hanging from my neck with a couple of hand calls on it.
FOXPRO Shockwave, BogPod, SpeedyYote Kickstand Vest

#3216742 - 10/30/19 06:10 PM Re: How and what do you carry to a stand? [Re: ibschmidty]
ibschmidty Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Down wind
I was listening to the Meat Eater podcast and listened about first aid stuff in the field. Anyone carry a few good first aid items to the stand or keep them in the truck?

#3216748 - 10/30/19 07:00 PM Re: How and what do you carry to a stand? [Re: ibschmidty]
DesertRam Offline

Loc: Las Cruces, NM USA
I was listening to the Meat Eater podcast and listened about first aid stuff in the field. Anyone carry a few good first aid items to the stand or keep them in the truck?

Truck, but when calling I'm usually within a few hundred yards of it. If I venture much beyond that, I'll have a pack with first aid kit and other support gear. I always have my Leatherman Squirt though, which has nifty tweezers for the inevitable thorn/splinter removal.

#3216755 - 10/30/19 07:56 PM Re: How and what do you carry to a stand? [Re: ibschmidty]
GC Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: Missouri

I carry a small but well equipped kit. Most important is a tourniquet and Israeli bandage.

#3216769 - 10/30/19 10:10 PM Re: How and what do you carry to a stand? [Re: GC]
Spidicus Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Nevada
My first aid kit with tourniquet is in my truck.. usually less than couple hundred yards from the truck
Dtech .223 AR15

2019 fur season totals
Coyote: 3
Kit fox: 0
Grey fox: 0
Bobcat: 0

#3216770 - 10/30/19 10:18 PM Re: How and what do you carry to a stand? [Re: ibschmidty]
GC Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: Missouri
Can you make a couple hundred yards with a cut femoral artery?

#3216778 - 10/30/19 11:30 PM Re: How and what do you carry to a stand? [Re: ibschmidty]
Shaun Simma Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Wisconsin
Seems like the amount we carry to a stand has grown over time. My son and I night hunt here in wisconsin. each of us wears a home-made zip up cloth scabbard with rigging that i sewed up to carry a large tri-pod and reaper mount.

we carry our small stuff lights, hand warmers, dickies, spare batteries, thermal monocular, etc, etc in alaska guide bino-packs. our foxpro fusion and sp60 speaker we carry in a small back-pack that get clipped onto the scabbard. And last but not least we carry our guns over our shoulders.

No chairs because we stand up on our night hunts.

#3216790 - 10/31/19 02:25 AM Re: How and what do you carry to a stand? [Re: Shaun Simma]
tripod3 Offline
PM senior

Loc: WA
I can tell you that circumstances can change quickly multiple times completely beyond your control.
Three things that would have been greatly beneficial, a tourniquet, clotting agent, and GPS to relay coordinates.

#3216829 - 10/31/19 11:54 AM Re: How and what do you carry to a stand? [Re: ibschmidty]
tawnoper Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: West coast
My usual. Rifle or shotgun, sitting pad, sticks. In my pockets, ammo, calls, pocket knife, tp, .22 pistol.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.