Seems like the suppressor thread has been slow. Let's spice it up.

skinney

Director
I'm currently working on more than a few reviews. Hopefully I'll be able to post them here, to get a little traffic and engagement to the forum.
Here's what I'll be going over in the next couple of weeks!

-Silencer Centrals Banish
-Gunwerks 8IGHT
-Gunwerks 6IX

48971361171_33d5a61d0b_k.jpg

I'll be doing an informational review on each can, You'll notice the modularity of the Banish.

48971361151_83cffdac01_k.jpg

You might also see the removable aperture to customize your can caliber specific.

48970808678_34b43c52f1_k.jpg

As well as the removable threads catering not only to the 5/8X24, but the 1/2X28 as well!

We've been using these on the range bangin out steel, and will give you guys some detailed info once we start pounding a little more fur with them.

So does the banish have the base threads able to be swapped? I get mine in about two mos and wondered why they sold thread adapters but didn’t even talk about base thread swaps, just caliber fronts.

Originally Posted By: Ice goatieSo does the banish have the base threads able to be swapped? I get mine in about two mos and wondered why they sold thread adapters but didn’t even talk about base thread swaps, just caliber fronts.

Yes sir, it comes with an adapter to bring the 5/8X24 down to 1/2X28.

Local shop/range I talked to last week said they’ve had a few approvals recently come back in about 3 months time. He said the ATF is trying to get approvals done in 120 days or less. So it might be starting to turn around.

Originally Posted By: Tgunz64Local shop/range I talked to last week said they’ve had a few approvals recently come back in about 3 months time. He said the ATF is trying to get approvals done in 120 days or less. So it might be starting to turn around.

A lot of it is because the NFA industry has slowed down.

What are the MSRP on those cans Skinney?
Heard the wait time has dropped significantly on the wait, any truth to that?

Originally Posted By: gonzagaWhat are the MSRP on those cans Skinney?
Heard the wait time has dropped significantly on the wait, any truth to that?

899 for the 8IGHT
849 for the 6IX

I would only look at the 8IGHT for decent suppression.

Wait times have sped up, just had one go through in 2.5 months, but the last 3 I had approved were still at the 8 month mark, BUT I believe that is because they were submitted much earlier. Most newly submitted 4's are going fairly quickly.

I am looking for a suppressor that I can run on both bolt action and ARs. Currently only looking at .223 but have been eyeballing building a fast twist .22-250. Any that will fill all those rolls?

Originally Posted By: the noobieI am looking for a suppressor that I can run on both bolt action and ARs. Currently only looking at .223 but have been eyeballing building a fast twist .22-250. Any that will fill all those rolls?

Absolutely. We've used, multiple from each of the following, Gunwerks, TBAC, APR, KAC, YHM, Sig, SRT, Rugged, Silencerco, Elite Iron, SAS, AAC, Surefire, Gemtech, Silencer Central, Mack Bros, Griffen, Rebel, Liberty, and probably a few more I'm missing.

I don't have a sound meter, all my use is in the field with product, and I'm getting more experience with different cans every day.

I joined a few years ago to find a can. I was told to buy a Silencerco Specwar 7,62.
I use it for everything 22lr, 5,56mm. 6,8mm, 300 Blackout, 7,62 and 243 Winchester.
I run it on Kel Tec 22 mag carbine and one of their 5,56mm. No adjustable gas blocks.
Works great in my AK, CZ 58 and my CZ Bren 805 5,56mm. CZ 527 300 Blackout I hear the firing pin fall.
Both my can and SBR took 11 months.

Thanks to everyone who pointed me in the right direction.

I know the question has come up about who all within your family can legally have possession of your suppressor should you die...if memory serves me a Trust was the way to go for this situation...is this the only means of say a spouse being in possession of your suppressor if you pass?
Reason for asking is that I watched a youtube video where the person stated that you could "pre" fill out a Form 5 and have it with your will and this would allow for a "beneficiary" to posses the suppressor...does anyone know if this is the case or not? Thanks

Gene

Originally Posted By: skinneysince a form 5 is a tax exempt way to transfer the can to another individual, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be fine.

When you say "tax exempt" are you referring to the $200 tax stamp? Wouldn't the person it gets transferred to have to go thru the fingerprinting and background checks as well? I am contemplating getting a suppressor and trying to know what all options are out there for a spouse or relative to actually have possession of it if I were to pass.

Originally Posted By: G AndersonOriginally Posted By: skinneysince a form 5 is a tax exempt way to transfer the can to another individual, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be fine.

When you say "tax exempt" are you referring to the $200 tax stamp? Wouldn't the person it gets transferred to have to go thru the fingerprinting and background checks as well? I am contemplating getting a suppressor and trying to know what all options are out there for a spouse or relative to actually have possession of it if I were to pass.

In looking at the Form 5, I only see reference to an NFA Firearm being transferred...nothing about the suppressor itself...so it really seems grey as to what actually is being transferred.

Originally Posted By: G AndersonI know the question has come up about who all within your family can legally have possession of your suppressor should you die...if memory serves me a Trust was the way to go for this situation...is this the only means of say a spouse being in possession of your suppressor if you pass?
Reason for asking is that I watched a youtube video where the person stated that you could "pre" fill out a Form 5 and have it with your will and this would allow for a "beneficiary" to posses the suppressor...does anyone know if this is the case or not? Thanks

Gene

As I read the laws, you are correct, that a trust is a good way to go. You aren't the actual owner, the trust is. You are just the "responsible party" who administers the trust. So if you name your beneficiaries and you pass, they do the background check and fingerprints and they can become the "responsible party."

I can't speak much on the Form 5 except that this is what I found on the ATF's website about them...

*This form is used to apply the tax-exempt transfer of an unserviceable (welded) firearm to anyone other than a Federal firearms licensee who has paid the required special (occupational) tax to deal in NFA firearms and to or from government agencies.
Document Number:
ATF F 5320.5

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/form/f...-atf-form-53205

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoOriginally Posted By: G AndersonI know the question has come up about who all within your family can legally have possession of your suppressor should you die...if memory serves me a Trust was the way to go for this situation...is this the only means of say a spouse being in possession of your suppressor if you pass?

Gene

As I read the laws, you are correct, that a trust is a good way to go. You aren't the actual owner, the trust is. You are just the "responsible party" who administers the trust. So if you name your beneficiaries and you pass, they do the background check and fingerprints and they can become the "responsible party."

I can't speak much on the Form 5 except that this is what I found on the ATF's website about them...

*This form is used to apply the tax-exempt transfer of an unserviceable (welded) firearm to anyone other than a Federal firearms licensee who has paid the required special (occupational) tax to deal in NFA firearms and to or from government agencies.
Document Number:
ATF F 5320.5

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/form/f...-atf-form-53205

Mo, yes I looked at that too...however, if you go to the linked document, 4th page Section C Firearms (7) it addresses a muffler or silencer under definition of a NFA firearm. Then on the 5th page under Sec 2,B(4) exemption from transfer tax, (4) says "it is being transferred to a beneficiary of an estate.
Seems real muddy to me. I will post a link to the youtube video where the person is explaining the 10 myths of suppressors.
Thanks

Back