Form 1 Approved!

kyyotestalker

E-Filed on 10-7, mailed finger prints on 10-9, and got my stamp approved on 10-25. Amazed it only took 18 days! Diversified machine 1.5"x10.5" titanium 30 caliber with 9 Baffles, gonna test it today on my Desert Tech 6.5 creedmoor and hopefully bloody it during the November deer season.

Upx3yXr.jpg

I can see the turn around time with the form 1, being able to e file it, compared to doing the PW on a standard form 4 with a list of trustees.
Great news, and it looks like it'll be a hammer.

did you drill and clip your baffles or just drill them? If you didn't clip them you may want to consider it. Clipping them in my form 1 can made the can a good bit quieter.

Last edited:
I used DM's hat style baffles that are already clipped. Sounds great on my 6.5x47 and 6.5 creed, debating on what barrel length to thread my 22-250 at so I can try it on there and wack a yote or two this winter.

I'm very interested in this. I've been looking at silencers since MN legalized them, I had money set aside and the can I wanted picked out but starting down the legal road and looking into the price, finger printing and time I was about to go through for a metal tube became ridiculous to me and I happily walked out of a gun store with a nice 1911 instead.

These solvent traps have me interested, the price is at a sane level, tax stamp and finger prints still suck but waiting a few weeks instead of a year makes it a lot more enticing also.

How well do they work? I'm sure volume is comparable but how about accuracy and POI shifting, first round pop, etc....?

A properly built form 1 suppressor is just as good as a commercially available one. as for accuracy on my DTA srs Covert im getting sub 1/2 moa, with 4 moa POI shift vertical with the can on versus off. I have not noticed any FRP with my 6.5's.

I really need to try this out... but first a form 1 for a silencer, then I will be itching like crazy for a SBR, what a mess.

I see Diversified Machine is the only company that I've found that offers ID bored concentric to OD but I can't find anything out about their "baffles" (or whatever legal term should be used pre-form 1.) Their titanium kits come with SS and Ti internals but all SS baffles and Ti spacers or some Ti and SS baffles?

I think this could get extra exciting if I could come up with a good over the barrel type suppresor.

Oh, and have you had the chance to weigh your Diversified Machine Ti suppresor?

Last edited:
I filled out 2 form 1's on Halloween night and 4 days later I was asked to send in my prints. I am going to make one from a Solventtrapcups.com kit. They have aluminum tubes and end caps and use either aluminum or all stainless cups. I am a Machinist and their product is really meticulously made. Get on their e mail list and they offer a 30% discount every once in a while.
I will let you know how it shoots when I get my stamp and drill it and clip it.
Tarey

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerI really need to try this out... but first a form 1 for a silencer, then I will be itching like crazy for a SBR, what a mess.

I see Diversified Machine is the only company that I've found that offers ID bored concentric to OD but I can't find anything out about their "baffles" (or whatever legal term should be used pre-form 1.) Their titanium kits come with SS and Ti internals but all SS baffles and Ti spacers or some Ti and SS baffles?

I think this could get extra exciting if I could come up with a good over the barrel type suppresor.

+1
BB.jpg

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerI really need to try this out... but first a form 1 for a silencer, then I will be itching like crazy for a SBR, what a mess.

I have not weighted it yet, As far as internals DM uses a proprietary Hat style cup (baffle). The internals are TI spacers with the first two cups (blast baffles) being SS and the remainder TI.

Rock go downtown to the courthouse, 5 bucks for county residents to get your finger print cards for NFA items. I had my own blank cards, don't remember if they had cards they probably do. They are quality verified so you shouldn't be rejected because of a bad print. My next will be form 1.

I've got about a dozen irons in the fire right now, and trying to figure out which new gadget to get, a suppressor is pretty high on the list.

Diversified Machine seems to be a lot higher quality, or at least features, than anyone else. I haven't found any other company that offers Ti cups, bored tube option and hat type cups. Are there any other companies similar?

And I'm assuming that you still have to drill the cups out? And if you do drill it how does that work if the cups are already clipped?

Originally Posted By: BearDo you have to purchase a can before you apply for your stamp?

No, But you must know the exact length you are going to build as it must be listed on the form 1.

Originally Posted By: kyyotestalkerE-Filed on 10-7, mailed finger prints on 10-9, and got my stamp approved on 10-25. Amazed it only took 18 days! Diversified machine 1.5"x10.5" titanium 30 caliber with 9 Baffles, gonna test it today on my Desert Tech 6.5 creedmoor and hopefully bloody it during the November deer season.

Upx3yXr.jpg

Did you buy as a complete package with baffles installed? I may have to look into these.

Originally Posted By: RemingtonmanDid you buy as a complete package with baffles installed? I may have to look into these.

It comes as a kit with baffles but they are not drilled through, think of it like an 80% AR15 lower.

Back