Dunn knife

trapperj

Ok. I purchased one of their predator knives a few months back. It however was not what I was looking for as far as sharpness. I finally got a sharpening system that to me looks user friendly. A wicked edge go. Well I checked angle of bevel and it is 25 degree instead of the 20 they claim their knives are. I called them and they said 25 degree is good and to go with it. What degree do you prefer. Sounds like he eyes the angle and it can vary widely. Even though they claim a 20 degree cutting edge. Would you go with 25 degree?

Originally Posted By: tripod325 might work just fine.
I use the Spyderco Triangle Sharpmaker and sharpen all mine to the set 30 deg.

That 30* on the Sharpmaker is inclusive. That is 15* per side. To the OP, are you talking inclusive or 25* per side? Other than on a big chopper I wouldn't want a single bevel 25* per side on a knife. Especially a smallish blade meant for general purpose EDC or game skinning and processing.

Originally Posted By: trapperjThis knife is meant to be a coyote skinned. It is currently 25degrees on each side.

I wouldn't care for that personally.

Originally Posted By: nightcallerA custom knife that doesn't pop hairs on delivery would be very disappointing.

+100

a custom knife that showed up in my mailbox that wouldnt pop hairs on delivery would be going back in the box with a RMA# on the return label.

Back