Foggy morning Tom

fratri

I was out at this farm yesterday trying my luck still hunting during midday... It almost worked as I got close enough (30yds) to see a couple of birds in the bush for a slip second before they moved off............ but with so much leaves and the ground pretty crunchy it was too tough to move in for a shot...they seemed to just vanish....

This morning with the heavy fog the ground would be super good, quiet and great for still hunting.... So I got to the farm around 8 am.... Parked the truck and began walking to my location (I use these still hunts as deer scouting trips as well) As I round the last corner I spot wing movement, its a turkey and it has a big beard hanging down from it. I drop to my knees, raise my gun.... I guess I was so fixed on this bird that I didn`t see the other one that at this point takes off..... My bird at this point raises its head as to say, whats going on... but before he could finish that thought, he was down... So even before I started my still hunt, it was over.... A good size bird for sure...

48932438908_cc4af1a2a3_z.jpg

48933167437_a0a697bac8_c.jpg

Back