ATF Form 4 Wait Times.

Originally Posted By: Plant.OneOriginally Posted By: skinneyHere's a pretty quick one. I form 4'd my brother in laws Harvester 6-13-19, it was approved 9-16-19.

individual or trust? Individual

I will not buy another in a trust, it appears the separate back ground checks making the applications take way longer. Everyone on the trust must have a back ground check now. That is my understanding why we see different times being taken. Individual seems to be going way faster.

I called the atf and all I was told was it's pending. I'm hoping for some news like skinney experienced. April 4th is the date the check was cashed, Early March everything was submitted.

I often wonder if calling ATF and checking status will put your application further down the list? I have a check cashed in Jan 2019 and still waiting.

it shouldnt.

i mean.. i could see if you were calling every week someone might get annoyed and bump you down a bit... but one phone call in 9-10 months isnt anything that can be called unreasonable.

I picked one up last month. Individual. 54 weeks from check cash to approval. 13 months from submit to pick up.

- DAA

Any body know how long a form 4 on a trust takes to get approved after its been assigned? Check was cashed Oct. 2nd, 2019 and its still pending. When I called I asked if its been assigned, and was tild it has NOT been assignes to anyone yet.

From my experience, they have gotten approved within a week or two of being assigned. They go for many months before they are assigned. They get assigned and then processing is pretty quick after that. They seem to have to wait in queue for nearly a year before they look at it. I wouldn't expect clearance on yours till September/October of 2020.

Originally Posted By: Rhett SteeleI called the atf and all I was told was it's pending. I'm hoping for some news like skinney experienced. April 4th is the date the check was cashed, Early March everything was submitted.

Anytime you call in to check status, you'll get "pending" unless it's been approved by the examiner. Then most likely your dealer doesn't have it, and you start the freak out mode.

Oops, my check was cashed Oct. 2nd, 2018. When I called, the lady told me they will always tell you that iys pending, even if iys been assigned to an Examiner. But, if you ask them if it has been assigned then thwy will tell you, basically they wont voluntarily tell you itd been assogned unless you ask. Hoping it gets assigned soon, been waiting for ober a year.

It doesn't hurt to call them and keep current on the status. I found out that one of mine (trust) had been held up by a misunderstanding of the rules (theirs) on trustee qualifications. Wouldn't have known otherwise. I got busy and got the misunderstanding resolved with some help from Dakota Silencer and got it shortly after. If yours has been in queue since 10-2-18 then it should clear soon. I hope it does and you get to soon enjoy shooting with one. It's pretty nice. You will be spoiled by the experience.

I got a pleasant surprise this last week. I got a message from my class three dealer that my suppressor was ready to pick up. It was approved 3 months and one week after the tax stamp check was cashed. Not sure why it happened so fast, but it did and I'm pleased.

Paperwork submitted October 27, 2018 and just received an email saying that I have been approved. Whew, what a long wait. Now the only thing is to wait for the shipping. Good luck all, Dave

Anyone know approximately how long it takes to get approved once your submission goes to a reviewer? Form 4 trust with 3 people on trust (have seven suppressors on the trust already). Che k was cashed Oct.2nd, 2018, only went to a reviewer today.

It was just a day or so on each of mine. It's not a lengthy process. They just review the documents, do the background check and approve/disapprove/or send a notice of a problem. No time involved in any of that. Can't understand why they can reasonably have a backlog.

Outrageous !!! We pay for this disgusting service. They don’t waste any time cashing our checks. Shouldn’t receive any money until services are rendered !

Originally Posted By: Pa. MickOutrageous !!! We pay for this disgusting service. They don’t waste any time cashing our checks. Shouldn’t receive any money until services are rendered !

I’m pretty sure that that won’t work as it’s not their money anyway. I would love to see the process in person but then again maybe not. Dave

Back