Dusting off the Tikka

kswaterfowl

I have been trying to hold off on doing any calling until the fur is prime. But I couldn't help myself. I ran out after work last Wednesday and made one stand.

I picked a spot that isnt that great for producing coyotes, but I'll manage one every once in a while. After 10 minutes of playing a couple different cottontail sounds, I had one read the script perfect. He comes straight towards me, and he stops right in a clearing where I was hoping he would. The Tikka with a 70 gr nosler flattened him at 50 yards.
url]

Last edited:
I noticed you're a lefty also. Do you like that Tikka? Is it a 243? I am looking at getting another 243, I have the remington 700 sps varminter in 243 left handed and just want something lighter to call with. Thanks for the info

Jon

I love Tikkas. I have owned a lot of them, and they all shoot really well. That one is a 243. I owned that same Remington Varmint in 243. And you will love the Tikka. A lot smoother bolt, great factory triggers, and a whole lot lighter.

I also plan to get out for some shorter calling sessions at night after I get off work this season.
Good job - putting a dog down is better than a couple of beers after work. Lol

Back