Burris Eliminator 3

OKRattler

A buddy of mine just got one and put it on a 6.5 Creedmoor. Tested it out yesterday and had no problem hitting a prairie dog sized target at 362 yards. I'm more than likely going to get one after he uses his for a while just so I can see how it holds up and performs in different weather. Wind,extreme cold and what it does beyond 400 yards.

So far it seems to be an awesome rig but time will tell. It's almost too simple to use I can't think I won't find a flaw in it. The only problem I can see right now is ranging an animal on the move. But for a coyote that's hung up beyond 300 I think it'll be perfect. Why doesn't this scope have a bigger following in the hunting community? It's no more expensive than a lot of higher end scopes and it's way better than trying to Arkansas it or turn knobs when you have to long bomb a critter.

Last edited:
Our ranks contain a lot of technologically challenged people. I have one on a Franklin Armory F17L for prairie dogs. Went to our outdoor range to dial it in. I was wearing a good set of amplifying earmuffs. I was pinging a steel I beam at 225 yards, shot after shot.

Burris is running a promo on the 4-16 Eliminator till the end of the year reducing it from $1,499.99 to only $999.99 making it a very good buy

I'm also one of those that is technologically challenged. That's what I like about the scope. It's very simple to get dialed in. Just zero it and select yards or meters,the BC for the load you're shooting and the yardage that you're zeroed at. If I can do it,it's not hard.lol

I thought about these a lot. The reasons I haven't include: so-so optics, warranty on the electronics was lacking, big and heavy, and price tag, meaning having them on several rifles would be prohibitive.

But if you do take a lot of longish shots, for sure it would have to be faster than ranging and dialing. The wind is another issue. When shooting targets or pdogs, you have ample opportunity to take a reading and enter that info. Or even spot and stalk type of hunting. But calling? If you have time to figure out the wind on that 4, 5 or 600 yard shot, you probably have time to spin turrets.

The advantage I see, is those shots where you're not quite sure if it's in easy hold and shoot range, or if some elevation is required. For me I'm dialed at 200, so 300 is fairly easy. But knowing if it's 250, 300, 350, etc is where this scope comes in, to make those fast shots at intermediate ranges. However, there just don't seem to be that many of those situations in a given year to justify it for me.

If I could even put one or two coyotes in the truck that I might not have without that scope I'd be happy. I've shot over animals that I thought were further than they were at times. Easy shots that looked harder than they were due to the landscape. That scope would have came in handy on those too. Another thing I like about it is there's not much extra movement involved. I've seen guys that had turrets on their scope fiddle around with that stuff and a coyote ain't gonna stand there forever,especially if they see movement. I've also seen guys with those scopes try to hold over because they didn't have time to fool with it and miss.

It's pretty cool that you can just hold the crosshairs on the target and push a button,hold over where it lights up and squeeze the trigger.

Originally Posted By: OKRattlerI'm also one of those that is technologically challenged. That's what I like about the scope. It's very simple to get dialed in. Just zero it and select yards or meters,the BC for the load you're shooting and the yardage that you're zeroed at. If I can do it,it's not hard.lol

I never could get mine set up tp where it would work as advertised. Also had troubles getting it to range at all let alone semi-reliably. Sent it in to Burris and they gave it a clean bill of health. I sent it packing.

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: OKRattlerI'm also one of those that is technologically challenged. That's what I like about the scope. It's very simple to get dialed in. Just zero it and select yards or meters,the BC for the load you're shooting and the yardage that you're zeroed at. If I can do it,it's not hard.lol

I never could get mine set up tp where it would work as advertised. Also had troubles getting it to range at all let alone semi-reliably. Sent it in to Burris and they gave it a clean bill of health. I sent it packing.

Oh dang. That's the kind of thing I'm afraid of happening to me. So I'm gonna hold off and see how my buddies holds up first. Although it seemed to work great the other day doesn't mean that can't change. I'm gonna wait it out a while and see what his complaints are.

Most diodes will not function properly below 5-10 degrees, often colder than that here in the winter. I'll leave Burris customer service for another time.

I have several of them, and I have programmed more than a handful for those in my area. It is designed to always work out to 750 yards in about any condition.
Remember that light is an enemy to a laser rangefinder.
In good conditions I can range steel out to a grand.
I really like the touchpad option!
It keeps you from breaking your shooting foundation, to range a critter.
I like the ones I have!
Below is the website to get your data figured out.
If not, give Burris a call and they will help.
https://ballistics.burrisoptics.com/eliminator#:1

My issue with these optics are failure. You have no last resort if the electronics fail. If they had a FFP or exposed turrets to be a fail safe.

I'm sure all it's going to take is seeing a barking coyote sitting on its rump way past my comfort zone/skill level with a rifle get thumped and I'll have one. Then I'll have to get a new rifle to put it on and so on and so forth. So basically I'm probably gonna have to spend a lot of money if I don't start seeing things I don't like about it pretty quickly.

xphunter....You ain't helping that situation at all dude. What sucks about it? Tell me that kind of stuff.LOL

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OKRattlerI'm sure all it's going to take is seeing a barking coyote sitting on its rump way past my comfort zone/skill level with a rifle get thumped and I'll have one. Then I'll have to get a new rifle to put it on and so on and so forth. So basically I'm probably gonna have to spend a lot of money if I don't start seeing things I don't like about it pretty quickly.

xphunter....You ain't helping that situation at all dude. What sucks about it? Tell me that kind of stuff.LOL

Okay...Old video:

Originally Posted By: xphunterIt's a MIL reticle, so if you just know your drops in MILs you are good to go

Mil in FFP ?

I'm bringing this back up, I'm really considering one after all. The $999 one doesn't have the remote touch pad, but maybe it could be added, or maybe it isn't that big of a deal. Just last week I had a stand where it might have made the difference. As it was, the coyote was hard to spot in thick grass, and getting the rangefinder on him, then back to the rifle, and he disappeared again.

Now what can I sell to make up the money to justify it to myself...and going from Zeiss Conquest glass to Burris, am I going to be really disappointed early and late in the day are the questions.

Back