T/C Compass 6.5 Creedmoor

LUCKYDOG

T/C Compass 6.5 Creedmoor for 230 bucks at Cabelas? It’s even threaded with an adjustable trigger. I just dropped my Creedmoor off at the gunsmith for a muzzle brake. I’ll bet just the muzzle brake will cost me more than that. I know you get what you pay for but I can’t help but wonder if it will shoot. Anyone here ever shot or owned one?

I don't own one but a friend has one. It is very accurate. TC has good barrels. There is a replacement trigger spring that brings the pull weight down to a nice hunting weight trigger. Great entry rifle or backup.

A guy at the club had one in 308 today. Shot clover leafs at 100 yards off a bi-pod and no rear rest. I'd say it shot pretty good.

If I decide I need another caliber I might just try one of these. I mean the whole thing is about if a rifle can shoot not how much it cost. Right?

I believe there are some decent entry level rifles, non are miracles of workmanship. But can be very serviceable hunting rifles. No matter how much you pay, very likely you will still be hoping to get one that shoots well, and that the stock/action/barrel fit correctly and the trigger adjusts as advertised.

I have a .223 in the T/C Venture Predator. It shoots great and I love the gun. I cut one coil off the trigger spring and even like it more now. I never got on the 6.5 CR train, I like the 7mm-08 cal a lot more. But, I did win 2 6.5 CR’s in a raffle a cpl weeks ago. They are both Savage Axis with Bushnell scopes. Don’t know much about the Axis.

I have 2 in 7mm/08.
Good accuracy and the stock seems solid with hardly any flex on the forarm
They seem pretty solid for the price.

I have a Compass in .204, has the 10" twist which is really nice. It's very accurate with Hornady factory ammo.

Back