Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#3215059 - 10/15/19 05:18 PM Re: Numbers are down in Norther Nevada, South East Idaho, and Western Utah!!!! [Re: BOBTAILS]
btech29 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NW Arkansas
Originally Posted By: BOBTAILS
Usually you can see the numbers dropping off each year when were headed into the " low number years " I know numbers were down last year from previous couple years but this year is a complete nose dive. Begs the question are we at the low point or something else. I'm leaning towards something else.

My thoughts exactly. Last year was tough, this year is shaping up to be even worse. At first I thought it was calling pressure, but Im not seeing scat or tracks like I use to. Something is going on for sure.

#3215067 - 10/15/19 07:20 PM Re: Numbers are down in Norther Nevada, South East Idaho, and Western Utah!!!! [Re: btech29]
BOBTAILS Offline
PM senior

Loc: In the sage
Originally Posted By: btech29
Originally Posted By: BOBTAILS
Usually you can see the numbers dropping off each year when were headed into the " low number years " I know numbers were down last year from previous couple years but this year is a complete nose dive. Begs the question are we at the low point or something else. I'm leaning towards something else.

My thoughts exactly. Last year was tough, this year is shaping up to be even worse. At first I thought it was calling pressure, but Im not seeing scat or tracks like I use to. Something is going on for sure.

Same thing for us out west, no tracks or scat anywhere we've been.

Wolves don't lose sleep, over the opinion's of sheep.

Carver Predator calls Prostaffer, Made in the USA!!
www.carverpredatorcalls.com

#3215101 - 10/15/19 11:05 PM Re: Numbers are down in Norther Nevada, South East Idaho, and Western Utah!!!! [Re: ibschmidty]
Z Online
Die Hard Member

Loc: Bluffdale, UT
Come on guys. Ask Al Gore. It's global warming.

#3215115 - 10/16/19 01:06 AM Re: Numbers are down in Norther Nevada, South East Idaho, and Western Utah!!!! [Re: ibschmidty]
steve garrett Online
Die Hard Member III

Loc: tx
the utah bounty has finally gotten rid of the coyotes smile

#3215146 - 10/16/19 12:23 PM Re: Numbers are down in Norther Nevada, South East Idaho, and Western Utah!!!! [Re: ibschmidty]
Utahcaller Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: UT
I’m with Dave, I think it has more to do with the environment than anything. Drought and Fires are the big ones. It has been tough for sure but there’s still Coyotes out there. Went out west a couple weeks ago killed 8 in 4 days. Definitely not normal numbers but still a few Coyotes around. It will bounce back I’m sure. When? Who knows....

Good Hunting Chad

#3215152 - 10/16/19 01:57 PM Re: Numbers are down in Norther Nevada, South East Idaho, and Western Utah!!!! [Re: ibschmidty]
derbyacresbob Online
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Kern County, CA
Our coyote numbers in southern California are way up. We have had three years in a row of good rainfall. More quail than I have seen in a long time and the rabbit, mice and rat numbers are way up also. Coyote scat and tracks are all over the roads.

#3215269 - 10/17/19 02:52 PM Re: Numbers are down in Norther Nevada, South East Idaho, and Western Utah!!!! [Re: derbyacresbob]
Seebass Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: derbyacresbob
Our coyote numbers in southern California are way up. We have had three years in a row of good rainfall. More quail than I have seen in a long time and the rabbit, mice and rat numbers are way up also. Coyote scat and tracks are all over the roads.

This is what I'm seeing here in Northern California as well. Scat is everywhere and coyotes are howling all over the place at night.

I'll be getting out regularly here in a couple of weeks.
FOXPRO Shockwave, BogPod, SpeedyYote Kickstand Vest

#3215275 - 10/17/19 03:51 PM Re: Numbers are down in Norther Nevada, South East Idaho, and Western Utah!!!! [Re: ibschmidty]
AWS Offline

Loc: NM
I just came back from a MC ride here in southern NM and saw coyote out in a plowed field just wandering around sniffing the world at 1:00 in the afternoon. Little does he know he is on my list for after the first of Nov.

Make mine a Minaska.

Heaven has rules and walls, He-l has open borders

#3215684 - 10/20/19 09:09 PM Re: Numbers are down in Norther Nevada, South East Idaho, and Western Utah!!!! [Re: ibschmidty]
ibschmidty Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Down wind
I heard a report last night of a guy calling 9 coyotes and one bobcat in Elko county Nevada in a one day hunt. Does that change anyone’s opinion about the numbers being low?

#3215690 - 10/20/19 09:39 PM Re: Numbers are down in Norther Nevada, South East Idaho, and Western Utah!!!! [Re: ibschmidty]
btech29 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NW Arkansas
No one is suggesting there are no coyotes left. No one is suggesting there are not still pockets of coyotes in certain areas. What some are suggesting is the numbers overall are down in many areas. This suggestion comes from people who have put many hours in for many years.

#3215692 - 10/20/19 09:42 PM Re: Numbers are down in Norther Nevada, South East Idaho, and Western Utah!!!! [Re: ibschmidty]
AWS Offline

That is possible if you hit the right spots, we found coyotes everyday while we were there. But in the ideal calling areas that we did really well in last year coyotes were nearly non-existent. Where we were calling and had multiple responses last year we had none or just singles. We camped out every night and the number of coyotes calling at night were far fewer.

A good caller that knows the country and puts in a good day I'd say that would be very possible. How many did he kill? We had four dog mornings but only killed two.

Edited by AWS (10/20/19 09:43 PM)

Make mine a Minaska.

#3215693 - 10/20/19 10:04 PM Re: Numbers are down in Norther Nevada, South East Idaho, and Western Utah!!!! [Re: ibschmidty]
GRIZZLYONE Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: So Cal
Thought I read somewhere the feds have been laying waist to the predator population in Northern Nevada? Grizz

#3215717 - 10/21/19 08:39 AM Re: Numbers are down in Norther Nevada, South East Idaho, and Western Utah!!!! [Re: GRIZZLYONE]
BOBTAILS Offline
PM senior

Loc: In the sage
Originally Posted By: GRIZZLYONE
Thought I read somewhere the feds have been laying waist to the predator population in Northern Nevada? Grizz

If you remember let me know where you heard that or read that, thanks!

Wolves don't lose sleep, over the opinion's of sheep.

Carver Predator calls Prostaffer, Made in the USA!!
www.carverpredatorcalls.com

#3215718 - 10/21/19 09:04 AM Re: Numbers are down in Norther Nevada, South East Idaho, and Western Utah!!!! [Re: GRIZZLYONE]
Utahcaller Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: UT
I find that hard to believe....

#3215720 - 10/21/19 09:46 AM Re: Numbers are down in Norther Nevada, South East Idaho, and Western Utah!!!! [Re: ibschmidty]
AWS Offline

I was told that the sheep and cattlemans associations got together and hired aerial gunners to work over the coyotes last winter on private land/leases. But that was just hearsay, I have no hard evidence to support that.

My theory is that when the rabbit population took a drastic nose dive, coyote litters were substantially smaller or didn't servive. We found coyote where there was grass and trees (mice and squirrels) and places that still had some rabbit sign in them, it was heavy sage with grass under it.

Edited by AWS (10/21/19 09:47 AM)

Make mine a Minaska.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.