Burris e1 scopes

I see a lot of stores have the Burris e1 on sale. I'm not sure if they are being discontinued or what. I was looking at getting a Nikon Prostaff P5 4-16x42 but see I can get a Burris 4.5-14x42 for a little cheaper. Are they a good scope? I know Burris has its fans. And how does it compare to the Nikon Prostaff P5? I have a Prostaff 5 3.5-14x40 that I like. Thanks for any input.

Burris runs a deal on their scopes at the 4th quarter of the year every year and they offer a lifetime warranty. Nikon recently changed their warranty so please be aware that it is no longer lifetime no fault

Shot Nikon (still do ) for a pretty long time was always turned off by their warranty policys. It was you had to buy it from authorized dealers with original reciept. Been using Burris lately and have been pleased so far. Never had to send either Nikon or Burris back. But trust the no hassle warranty Burris has rather than deal with nikons warranty department. So to answer your question I have 3 4.5x14x42 e1s and have been pleased with them.

Back