Starting the season

DesertRam

Director
Staff member
I headed out Monday to scout a new location and see if I could brush the cobwebs off after a long hot summer with no calling action. There's not much of a story here - sneak over a hill, find a nice draw, place the call, hide by a bush, play the bunny blues. 11 minutes into the stand, in trots this fellow. While he was distracted by the sounds of dinner, I swiveled on the TriggerSticks, took careful aim at about 75 yards, and landed a 55-grain Vmax in the center of his chest for a quick lights out.

Troy14Oct2019MaleCoyote-L.jpg

Let's hope he is but the first of many this season.

Nice job, he looks skinable. I'm going to start around the first of Nov.

I just got back from LC and I-10 looks like suicide alley for coyotes.

Last edited:
Thanks fellas, he was a pretty decent coyote considering the early start and warm temps.

Originally Posted By: LazerusYour rifle looks so much more civilized now....

Ah, yes. You should hear it. It's not quite as cool as those 5 decibel suppressed guns in the movies, but it's downright pleasant to be around. It makes me want to hold up a pinky when drinking wine.
grin.gif

Great picture, Troy. Promise of things to come.

They seem to be furring up well this year. Shot three last week, all younguns and all had as good a coat as they get down here.

Regards,
hm

Can’t beat that for a new spot and to start the season off right. Nice picture too. Thanks for sharing.

Shot a triple on northern Montana coyotes the other day. While well-furred the hides are still very blue.

Back