6.5 Creedmore

Originally Posted By: Harvey7So much anger and contention guys! There is nothing wrong with the 250-3000 but the 6.5 creedmoor is similar not the same. I love my 270 and my 6.5 Creedmoor, this takes nothing away from other cartridges. We are all free to use what we like. Why does the word Creedmoor make some people hyperventilate? Don't buy one if you don't like em.
To say that Jack O'Connor never used the 270 Winchester is pure silliness.
Relax, go shoot something.

ahhhH! you said creedmore 3 times... that makes you 3x as wrong
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Grizzlyone, I have 2 6.5 creedmoors. In my opinion they are a great caliber that maximizes the use of a short action. The great B.C. of the bullets make them shine at distance. I moved my kids up from a 243 to one this year and it should make them a great hunting caliber with light recoil. Are they the greatest thing ever, no, are they pretty dang good, yes!

Originally Posted By: GRIZZLYONEAlmost sorry I brought it up. Just wanted to know what all the hype was about.

It is a great round with simple ballistics that fits into an AICS mag restraint...that is the entire reason it was created. Hornady did a great job of otherwise marketing it (many years after inception) and the public blew up on it. It really doesn't do much more than anything else that has been around, except fit long, sleek bullets in the case without sacrificing capacity and while still meeting mag restraints.

It is a great, multi-faceted round with a love it or hate it following.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760
It is a great round with simple ballistics that fits into an AICS mag restraint...that is the entire reason it was created. Hornady did a great job of otherwise marketing it (many years after inception) and the public blew up on it. It really doesn't do much more than anything else that has been around, except fit long, sleek bullets in the case without sacrificing capacity and while still meeting mag restraints.

That's about as spot on as it gets, well said!

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: GRIZZLYONEAlmost sorry I brought it up. Just wanted to know what all the hype was about.

Well said!

I have a 6.5 creedmoor barrel screwed onto my Savage precision target action at the moment. My buddy calls it the "6.5x55 short" (he runs a 6.5-08 NOT a .260). I would have preferred a 6.5x47 Lapua over the C/M but I got a unused take off barrel pretty cheap. Plan on ringing it out a bit this fall...

Back