Banish 30 4.0

Breeze

Anyone running the new named Banish 30 on 6.5 Grendel ?
I know the can has been discussed some on here but not much info on the 6.5 caliber

I will be doing a review on the Banish here this month, if the mods allow I will post it in this thread. Otherwise I will have it on my YouTube channel, I'll be running it on everything from the AR, to the 260, to the 308!

sounds good , are you doing bolt and AR platforms ?Originally Posted By: skinneyI will be doing a review on the Banish here this month, if the mods allow I will post it in this thread. Otherwise I will have it on my YouTube channel, I'll be running it on everything from the AR, to the 260, to the 308!

Originally Posted By: Breezesounds good , are you doing bolt and AR platforms ?Originally Posted By: skinneyI will be doing a review on the Banish here this month, if the mods allow I will post it in this thread. Otherwise I will have it on my YouTube channel, I'll be running it on everything from the AR, to the 260, to the 308!

I can for sure incorporate both platforms, I don't have a decibel meter, as that will take me into another worm hole I don't have time for, just going over the options it has! Great Can BTW!

I just got approved for my suppressor which happens to be a Banish 223. I hope to be using it in a couple of weeks but as it's my first one I have nothing to compare it with. Dave

I have been using the Varminter 4.0 since early April. It is the same can as the Banish 4.0. I've shot it on both platforms, but my actual coyote hunting usage is on the AR. I have only shot it in the 9" configuration, but I love this can. It is light and quiet.

How bad is the blowback when used on the AR ?
Originally Posted By: DoubleUpI have been using the Varminter 4.0 since early April. It is the same can as the Banish 4.0. I've shot it on both platforms, but my actual coyote hunting usage is on the AR. I have only shot it in the 9" configuration, but I love this can. It is light and quiet.

There is some, but it doesn't really bother me. I'm shooting left-handed using a standard right-hand ejection AR. I'm using a Superlative arms adjustable gas block and shoot with glasses, so it is very rarely that I notice anything even being left-handed. Don't think it would be hardly noticeable for a right-hander.

I've got a Varminter 4.0/Banish 4.0 from Dakota and I am very happy with it. I got mine about the same time that DoubleUp got his and set it up with the Superlative block on my 6x45 AR. I shoot right hand and I have no issue with blowback on that rifle. I set up a couple of other AR's with Mentium adjustable gas blocks and have had the same experience. The gas blocks help reduce the sound level at the ear and also reduce recoil. The system doesn't slam so hard with one installed. The suppressor is really pleasing to shoot and I too only use the 9" configuration. I have never had any POI change with this suppressor. The rifles all shoot the to the same point with the suppressor on or off. I'd think that the 30 would work as well on the 6.5 as it does on the 6 mm. Perhaps better.

I'm currently running adjustable carriers on my suppressed Ar's ,with my ultra 9 I still get a lot of blowback, just filled the paperwork out for a Banish this afternoon ,A little variety can't hurt. Originally Posted By: 1loboI've got a Varminter 4.0/Banish 4.0 from Dakota and I am very happy with it. I got mine about the same time that DoubleUp got his and set it up with the Superlative block on my 6x45 AR. I shoot right hand and I have no issue with blowback on that rifle. I set up a couple of other AR's with Mentium adjustable gas blocks and have had the same experience. The gas blocks help reduce the sound level at the ear and also reduce recoil. The system doesn't slam so hard with one installed. The suppressor is really pleasing to shoot and I too only use the 9" configuration. I have never had any POI change with this suppressor. The rifles all shoot the to the same point with the suppressor on or off. I'd think that the 30 would work as well on the 6.5 as it does on the 6 mm. Perhaps better.

You won't be disappointed with the Banish. Mine sure works well for me. I really like it that you can dis-assemble them to clean them. They all need cleaning at some time or other. Hope you don't have to wait long on it. It sure would be nice if all the applications were processed in a timely fashion.

I went with a gas block as I figured that was the most cost effective way to deal with the blowback. I shoot all my rifles suppressed now. I don't care to shoot one without a suppressor on it, so I converted them all to adjustable gas blocks. It works well for me and has reduced the sound and recoil in each case. I didn't even consider adjustable carriers. I'm glad they work for you.

hopefully I will get on that magical 90 day list that's been happening lately, I went with adjustable carriers only because I caught them on sale, otherwise would have just used adjustable blocks like most do
Originally Posted By: 1loboYou won't be disappointed with the Banish. Mine sure works well for me. I really like it that you can dis-assemble them to clean them. They all need cleaning at some time or other. Hope you don't have to wait long on it. It sure would be nice if all the applications were processed in a timely fashion.

I went with a gas block as I figured that was the most cost effective way to deal with the blowback. I shoot all my rifles suppressed now. I don't care to shoot one without a suppressor on it, so I converted them all to adjustable gas blocks. It works well for me and has reduced the sound and recoil in each case. I didn't even consider adjustable carriers. I'm glad they work for you.

Back