Night Goggles Inc

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3215185 - 10/16/19 08:09 PM Awfully quiet in here lately...
cml Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Illinois
Man! Itís awfully quite in here lately. I havenít been here in about a year and boy what a change. This section used to be buzzing. What happened? Or do I not want to know? unsure

#3215189 - 10/16/19 08:32 PM Re: Awfully quiet in here lately... [Re: cml]
Mr. Poppadopalis Online
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Metro Denver
Itís hot as he77 and the Coyote Furs arenít worth keeping yet.

Give it a few weeks;-)

#3215191 - 10/16/19 09:29 PM Re: Awfully quiet in here lately... [Re: cml]
weekender Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: NC
SSSSSHHHHHH, they are coming in now....

#3215196 - 10/16/19 09:58 PM Re: Awfully quiet in here lately... [Re: cml]
cml Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Illinois
lol lol

#3215209 - 10/17/19 12:09 AM Re: Awfully quiet in here lately... [Re: cml]
skinney Online
Die Hard Member III

Loc: South Dakota
Working on more posts man!

They'll hear ya three times, see ya twice, but only smell ya once.

Play the Rabbit, and they will come.

#3215239 - 10/17/19 09:36 AM Re: Awfully quiet in here lately... [Re: cml]
Bocephuss Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: IA
I check here every now and again, and would agree that its much more quiet than it use to be. But I think a huge part of that is Facebook and the night hunting groups on there. One of the group I'm in has 20k plus members.

Much easier to post photos and videos there.

Edited by Bocephuss (10/17/19 09:39 AM)

#3215256 - 10/17/19 12:07 PM Re: Awfully quiet in here lately... [Re: Bocephuss]
igor Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: amarillo texas
I agree on the pictures. I've lost the ability to post pics or I would post here more. Probably a good thing for you guys that I don't lol

#3215260 - 10/17/19 01:17 PM Re: Awfully quiet in here lately... [Re: cml]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
ya... since photo#ucket went all hostage taker on everyones pics.... venues that offer easy photo hosting have gained a lot of popularity. their little stunt destroyed 10+ years of user created forum content on the web with just that one policy change. thats sour'ed many on content creation and i believe started the real platform shift away from this classic forum format. if you think about it.. thats about the time that the FB groups really started exploding. people were looking for options... and fb is one of the largest on the planet.

i know PM has its on hosting option, but uploading a pic on someplace like a FB group is 2 or 3 clicks and its embedded.

on forums that offer hosting - you have to upload an image first, then insert it to your thread/post, etc. fb's offerings are WAAAAAAAAAAY simpler than even using photo#ucket was.

and the number of web forums like this that offer hosting are very small (due to the cost of hosting space, and bandwidth cost concerns) especially with the average size of photos going up every year.

i mean sure, not all firearms/hunting forums are tanking - but lets be honest, bARf.com has always been as much about a being a fanboy (and hateraid!) user base as it is about knowledge base site. :p

#3215280 - 10/17/19 04:24 PM Re: Awfully quiet in here lately... [Re: cml]
6mm06 Offline
PM senior

Loc: USA

Donít know about you guys, but ďPhotobuckedĒ has been swamping me lately with e-mails wanting me to subscribe at $6.95 a month in order to unblur my photos and take off the watermark. I have probably received 8-10 emails within the last month.

#3215285 - 10/17/19 05:04 PM Re: Awfully quiet in here lately... [Re: cml]
DoubleUp Online
Die Hard Member III

Yeah, they keep telling me I'm over the limit, and I haven't uploaded anything since they went off the tracks.

Reckon I'll stick around here as I don't care much for FakeBook.

#3215351 - 10/18/19 01:13 PM Re: Awfully quiet in here lately... [Re: cml]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
well according to the new rules, pretty much all of our accounts are "over the limit"

i think the new free account is something like 250 photos or 2.5gb of data.

when they changes the rules - and made them retroactive - of "free forever" accounts most of us signed up for, i had several thousand images uploaded, the majority of which were 3rd party posted on various hobby forums.

i had (like a lot of folks) 10 years of content i spent my time on destroyed by that little stunt. even if i were to port all those images to a different host, i dont think i could go back and find all the image links to fix... or if i were able to... it would take MONTHS of my life at a full time work schedule to do so. Not worth it, so i've just considered it abandoned at this point.

which from talking with others - a lot of folks did the same. [beeep] shame.

Edited by Plant.One (10/18/19 01:15 PM)

#3215383 - 10/18/19 03:57 PM Re: Awfully quiet in here lately... [Re: cml]
6mm06 Offline
PM senior

I think Photobucket now realizes their big mistake and is desperately trying to coax people back. Itís obvious by their numerous e-mails lately. I received one that had a deadline to respond. I didnít, then the next thing I knew they were flooding me with mail trying to get me to sign up. I have something over 1,000 photos there, but to my knowledge have copies of all except one. I can live without that one.

#3215423 - 10/18/19 09:14 PM Re: Awfully quiet in here lately... [Re: cml]
Bowhntr6pt Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Central Florida
I'm back to hunting now, hogs and coyote. It's just been too darn hot... but things are getting nice now.

I use Imageshack for my photos...to heck with Photobucket.

#3215440 - 10/18/19 11:48 PM Re: Awfully quiet in here lately... [Re: cml]
DiRTY DOG Online
Die Hard Member III

Loc: West
You have to have at least $10k in night vision or thermal optics to be interesting here anymore.

#3215449 - 10/19/19 03:10 AM Re: Awfully quiet in here lately... [Re: cml]
crazyyote Online
Seasoned Member

Loc: ohio
Here in Ohio I find that the action is just starting to pick up. I haven't hunted a lot this fall. It has been spotty when I do get out. I'd say the little ones are starting to venture out on their own these past couple of weeks. I seem to have developed an affliction for missing. [beeep] it's driving me nuts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Jason El Paso, SkyPup 

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.