Pulsar Thermion XM38 no sound after update *update - figured it out*

cml

Well this sucks. I updated the Thermion XM38 I received and.....no sound/mic.
Mic symbol shows, ive tried video with mic on and video with mic off. Ive tried with the side cap off that covers mic. I tried reformatting memory card. Still no sound being picked up. I have been using the StreamVision app to look at these videos but I have not tried hooking up directly to my computer or tried resetting to factory defaults. You guys have any ideas? Im crossing my fingers the sound will be there when I view the files on my computer. If not I may just send back for refund and keep trucking with my Armasight Zeus. Not ready to start sending this thing in for repairs less than a week in.

*** UPDATE *** - Audio is there when I view files on computer. StreamVision app must not support the audio yet.

Last edited:
Haven’t even got to that stage yet
frown.gif
I did notice in the manual it says to zero in temps at/close to temps you will be hunting in. As a plus...I really like this scope initially, there is a lot to like with this unit. Picture is fantastic....video does not do it justice. The mounting options are endless. Neoprene scope covers fit, can also be easly wrapped with McNett Camo Form to protect/camo scope. Things I am not sure about include the non removable battery and battery life in cold weather. Im getting ready to fire up my computer and see if audio is actually there and just not playing correctly on StreamVision. I will keep you guys posted.

There are two batteries, one internal and the one you can pull out and swap. The internal battery is the one that worries me. It craps the bed there is no alternative but to send it in.

Okay! Figured it out. StreamVision must not support the audio yet but the audio is there if you plug into computer and view. Had me sweating it for a minute.

Originally Posted By: cmlOkay! Figured it out. StreamVision must not support the audio yet but the audio is there if you plug into computer and view. Had me sweating it for a minute. Glad the audio is working for you. StreamVision didn't play audio on iphones for the Trail and Helion either, if I am remembering correctly. StreamVision and iPhone/ipads have had a difficult history. One of the other biggest issues historically has been keeping a connection. However, recent updates to StreamVision have helped.

Ahhh! Okay makes sense now. Im on an Ipad. I’ve got the app on my phone which is Android so I will check it out on there. Haven’t had any connection issues so hopefully they have that worked out. Really digging this thing. **edit to add - Works fine on my Android based phone...no connection issues and audio is present. **

Last edited:
Jury still out. Sighted it in bout 1 in high at 100yds. Smoked a yote last night at 150. Picture in picture made it effortless

Back