Bergara B14 Ridge Rifle

Tgunz64

Anyone have experience with this rifle? Been looking at it online and at about $750 with 1 moa guarantee seems to be a good deal. Looking into a 300 win mag. Not a predator gun but thought this would be a good place to ask a general question on it anyway. Thanks!

They were voted to be rifle of the year.I have done some reading about them being an awesome rifle I really like the pro model time will tell.

I have Ridge rifles in both 22-250 and 7MM-08. Both are definite keepers in all ways.

They have a slightly heavier barrel (#5 taper) with a threaded muzzle than you find on the Hunter model (#4taper), but the extra weight is not objectionable. The barrel is threaded 5/8×24 for both muzzle brakes or suppressors.

I have heard they are great rifles. A shop in Tulsa has a few of them so I have seen them and actually touched them. But the jury's still out on if I want one.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI have heard they are great rifles. A shop in Tulsa has a few of them so I have seen them and actually touched them. But the jury's still out on if I want one.

laugh.gif

The barrel is threaded 5/8×24 for both muzzle brakes or suppressors.

[/quote]

Well you learn something every day.
I always thought those threads were there so you could turn the barrel around when the throat got shot out.

Originally Posted By: tnshootist The barrel is threaded 5/8×24 for both muzzle brakes or suppressors.

Well you learn something every day.
I always thought those threads were there so you could turn the barrel around when the throat got shot out. [/quote]

thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: winnyfan The barrel is threaded 5/8×24 for both muzzle brakes or suppressors.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistWell you learn something every day.
I always thought those threads were there so you could turn the barrel around when the throat got shot out.

I was being specific about their purpose so psycho didn't get confused and try to do what you're suggesting.

Maybe I helped you too?
laugh.gif
At least I cleaned up your attempt to quote someone else so it made more sense when the next guy tries to read your post.......

Originally Posted By: pyscodogTo early and not worth the trouble

Set back and chill.......... Have a hot cup and calm down. Maybe go touch a rifle. Its still just the internet and not real life.

Besides, I thought you had me on "Ignore" to make Rusty feel more secure and happy?

Na, I still read you humor. You don't bother me that much to ignore you. Sometimes you actually say something that makes sense.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogNa, I still read you humor. You don't bother me that much to ignore you. Sometimes you actually say something that makes sense.

Do you mean saying things like why a barrel is threaded......so novices maybe take note?

I have a Bergara Ridge in the 22/250 caliber.
Shoots the 50 gr to 80 Grain projectiles in very tiny groups.
Smooth Action , Nice Factory Trigger, Decent Stock.
All under $800 .
What's Not to like ??

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51I have a Bergara Ridge in the 22/250 caliber.
All under $800 .
What's Not to like ??

Just wait... somebody will come up with something.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51I have a Bergara Ridge in the 22/250 caliber.
All under $800 .
What's Not to like ??

Ahhhhhh......... Reality....

The 1 in 9" barrel twist on the 22-250 makes for a very versatile rifle. Lots of other nice features on the Ridge such as a coned bolt face and breech and an easily adjustable trigger with a very comfortable and well designed glass fiber (not Tupperware) polymer stock .

Whoops...!! I almost forgot to mention that the Ridge barrel is threaded (5/8×24 threads) for a break or a suppressor.

I own one caliber in 243. One of the best guns I own. Gun is very accurate, and reliable. My only complaints with the gun, is with the gun full of shells seems like it dose jam more often. The finish on bergera seems to have rust easy no matter how much you clean it.

Last edited:
Great! The answers I was looking for. Sounds like it’s generally a good rifle and accurate. Hopefully I can see one in the near future instead of ordering blind. But it’s something I won’t be buying until spring if I get one. Thanks for the info fellas!

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI have heard they are great rifles. A shop in Tulsa has a few of them so I have seen them and actually touched them. But the jury's still out on if I want one.

Well I drank the Kool-Aid and bought an HMR today in the immortal 6.5 Creedmore. Putting a Bushnell Forge on it for glass. Already have dies and brass and bullets, so it load work next. If it don't shoot, I'm blaming Winny Fan.
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: pyscodogI have heard they are great rifles. A shop in Tulsa has a few of them so I have seen them and actually touched them. But the jury's still out on if I want one.

Well I drank the Kool-Aid and bought an HMR today in the immortal 6.5 Creedmore. Putting a Bushnell Forge on it for glass. Already have dies and brass and bullets, so it load work next. If it don't shoot, I'm blaming Winny Fan.
tt2.gif

You're so easy to persuade. I've never seen a Bergara rifle or even actually touched one like you have.
laugh.gif
The HMR design should finally dot all of the I's for you so that you can be a true bonafide sniper, especially with the Forge on board.

If it doesn't shoot for you, have someone else shoot it before you declare publicly here that its a clunker. After that, blame Rusty.......

(For everyone else who might be interested, yes I do own two Bergara rifles that shoot extremely well, but they are both traditional hunting/carry style rifles and not fully-adjustable sniper type stuff.)

Actually been looking at the HMR for quite some time. Finally decided to go ahead and get it. If I can't make it shoot, I'll just send it to you.

Back