walmart caves.

The only things I buy from Wally World are flounder and hot salsa as none of the grocery stores in my area have that. I did buy a set of tires about 5 years ago but that is no problem as plenty of tires stores around. Amazon does have the salsa, not sure where my flounder will come from but it won't be from WM. They've lost me as a customer.

Originally Posted By: Stub2I was reading over a news report that was covering the list of businesses that have banned firearms. Some talked about open carry but many made statements saying they didn't want guns in the business except for law enforcement officers. So, they are including concealed carry firearms as well as those opened carried!
It interesting to me, that not one of these businesses made any statement about employing armed guards to protect its customers. Also, Wal-Mart has a history of firing employees that attempt to try to protect their customers who under attack.
I would just not spend money in these businesses but the only place in our area to buy groceries that doesn't have a ban are the local gas stations. My diet only allows for so much candy, chips and pop.
So, lets see, I can depend on the store greeter, that is never under 60 years old or grossly over-weight and handicapped, or carry concealed and buy only what I cannot find somewhere else.
The depending on the greeter thing is out, those poor folks really look like they need their jobs and the Wal-Mart would fire them in a second if they offered me any help at all when I was attacked.
Maybe, victim's of attacks in businesses with a ban should sue the company because it offers their customers no protection. Of course, you have to be alive to do that.

CC correctly and no one knows about it. It's against the law to carry into certain places like banks and govt buildings. It's not against the law to ignore a policy. Worst case, they trespass you.

I wonder when this new policy is supposed to begin. I cruised through my local store this past weekend and took a gander through the sporting goods and there are shelves of handgun ammo, rifle ammo., shotgun ammo. Maybe my local store didn't get the memo? Or are they going to sell the current stock and then simply not restock the shelves?

i had gone into my local store right after the announcement. the ammo case was empty. people had scooped it bare basically besides 12 gauge, and some of the classic rifle stuff (30-06, 270, etc)

havent been back since so i couldnt tell ya... but they DID say in the announcement they had contracts to fufill at the end of which would be their end of ammo sales.

they may well be moving that ammo in locations that are more rural compared to the urban store i used to visit close to my home. but i have no evidence to back that up. just speculation on my part.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistIn my opinion walmart is one of if not the worst things to happen to this country.
It is like a vine that wraps everything and chokes the life out of it.

I think it’s not uncommon to hear in the news about communities asking their local elected officials, zoning boards, etc to reject WalMart plans and permits to construct new stores, but it’s hard for small towns and rural communities with struggling economies to give up potential new jobs and tax revenues so officials ultimately get in bed with retail gorilla and call it a win for local economic development. Sadly, I think WalMart doesn’t really care about a community because they seem to just as readily close a store to relocate in a new area, and then leave a vacant store property in place for years without putting it up for sale and selling it. Jobs and tax revenues disappear with it.

Last edited:
One time a few years back they built a new store here. They had a job fair thing and as I was between jobs I went and interviewed. I thought I might like working in sporting goods. I didn't know you couldnt get that job for years because long time employes like sporting goods also.
Anyway they called before I got home and hired me.
I went and spent three days getting indoctrinated with walmart thinking. I realized it was not for me.I went to my boss and told her I had made a mistake and did not think I would be a good fit there and was going to leave before I cost them money. She asked that I not quit and what was the problem. I said well,not enough money. She gave me a 2.00 per raise on the spot.Well OK I would try it a little longer.
Next morning everyone was called together to learn the walmart song which was to be sung each morning to begin the day.
That was just too much for me. I just could not bring myself to sing that song if I starved.
The folks that work at walmart earn their money. In my opinion it's not a good place to work.

Got a call in a couple of days for a job in my line of work so it all worked out.

Walmart likes to be in total control.I am not surprised they are moving into politics.Gun control seems like it would be right down their alley.
I wonder why we have not heard them screaming about Trumps trade talk with China.

Originally Posted By: tnshootist

I am a free man. My rights do not come from the government or Walmart.
If walmart does not want to sell ammo thats their business.If walmart does not want me to be able to have ammo thats my business.
If walmart uses their corporate power to promote gun control beyond one man one vote then they are messing in my business.

Very well spoken and is a great reminder of the good reasons to use the same freedom to support your local small business gun shops and hunting/fishing stores.

Although I am not a fan or supportive WalMart shopper, I think it is respectfully recognizable that following the tragic WalMart shootings in Texas and MS they had to respond in some fashion. Their hand was forced, and unfortunately again the law abiding public are then the adversely affected. If Sam Walton and Ole’ Roy we’re here today then I just have to imagine that Sam would be in a difficult situation, and he’d also be torn-up inside over the senseless acts of violence by so few that affected so many.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: songdogI wonder when this new policy is supposed to begin. I cruised through my local store this past weekend and took a gander through the sporting goods and there are shelves of handgun ammo, rifle ammo., shotgun ammo. Maybe my local store didn't get the memo? Or are they going to sell the current stock and then simply not restock the shelves?

so i went into my local store for the first time in a month. i broke my clip on sunglasses and just cant find the style i use anywhere for under 4x the cost so i put $15 into their coffers until i can source a new place too get them affordably.

while i was there i took a quick walk back to sporting goods and low and behold the ammo case was loaded.

they had 3 or 4 different 5.56 sku's (including >200 rd bulk packs), pistol ammo of every caliber, etc... i dont recall seeing any x39 but otherwise it looked like a normal pre-announcement day at wally-world sporting goods.

who knows - maybe they've already folded and just didnt make an announcement to maintain their woke capitalism standpoint.

or they're still trying to finalize their contracts and people are letting it sit on the shelf and not buying it from them.

i guess only time will tell if their stance will change, or when their contracts run out they'll stop re-ordering like they told us.

Everybody loves to pick on Walmart, and a lot of people claim they don't shop at Walmart. Yet they are the largest retailer in the USA, and their gross sales outstrip every retailer in the world.

They ruined American retail??? No, the consumer chose them, the consumer made them what they are today. The quit selling some types of ammo, people revolt??? No some people whine and cry, a very small portion of the population. I would venture to guess that most gun owners are not even aware of Walmart's decision about the ammo. If they did, they wouldn't care.

Have a little cheese with your whine...

So. You are saying it's OK with you if walmart uses your money to support gun control and take your guns.

And those who are doing what they can however small are whiners?

I think a very small portion of the population thinks it's about ammo.

I can live without buying from walmart.Walmart will never miss me but that don't keep it from being the right thing for me to do.

I have a hard time understanding how a gun owner could still support walmart knowing they are using their corporate wealth to take away their rights.Not only that but make fun of those who make an effort no matter how small to fight back.

But I concede that they have the right to support those who would take our rights from us if they want to.

Originally Posted By: songdogI wonder when this new policy is supposed to begin. I cruised through my local store this past weekend and took a gander through the sporting goods and there are shelves of handgun ammo, rifle ammo., shotgun ammo. Maybe my local store didn't get the memo? Or are they going to sell the current stock and then simply not restock the shelves?

You hit the nail on the head. They will sell all the ammo they have on hand and just not reorder after they have sold out. The kicker is, they probably have an entire warehouse full of the "banned ammo".
Guess money out weighs their moral obligation to "do the right thing" otherwise they would clear the shelves and destroy all the ammo and take the loss.

Maybe they better take a look at dick's sporting goods and see what happened when they decided to not sell AR15 and similar weapons.

https://www.ibtimes.com/dicks-sporting-g...n-sales-2841482

Originally Posted By: tnshootist
I can live without buying from walmart.Walmart will never miss me but that don't keep it from being the right thing for me to do.

I have a hard time understanding how a gun owner could still support walmart knowing they are using their corporate wealth to take away their rights.Not only that but make fun of those who make an effort no matter how small to fight back.

But I concede that they have the right to support those who would take our rights from us if they want to.

thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherYou have the same rights that Walmart does to counter their actions. Put your money up and go for it.

I have. They no longer get a penny from me. I'd rather spend more for the things i need than give them my money so they can use it to strip me of my rights and freedoms.

dicks went way off the deep end and destroyed $5M worth of firearms... walmart knows its shareholders would have a fit if they just destroyed millions and millions worth of inventory.

they may be willing to cut things out of their product offerings and replace it with other stuff, but they aint *that* stupid.

Back