Thursday night

larryb

[video:youtube][/video]
122 lb sow from Thursday night...42 yds. video is a little dark, had contrast set to low...6.8 SPCll, 110 grain Hornady black ammor, thermion xp38 scope

Dave, I love that 6.8...I just finished a 6.5 Grendel build and need to get it sighted in and see how it does with the 123 grain Hornady load. I am also anxious to see how the QD mount works with the thermion, going back and forth between rifles...

Larry, looking forward to your thoughts about the new Grendel build. I’m sure we will be seeing some hogs on the ground soon.

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerIf I had 5 grand laying around I wasn't using I would have me a thermal scope!
I feel very fortunate to have the lower end Apex XQ38. It was plenty expensive enough considering my budget. Five thousand is just out of the question for me, given my other more important needs.

It may be lower end but the Apex is a darn good scope. Too bad Pulsar dropped it. I think they made a mistake with that move. It’s a good scope considering quality, resolution, magnification and cost.

Larry, I noticed on the screen in the lower right that it shows 2 battery symbols...one appeared to be full and the other symbol not...is there some sort of backup battery onboard or an external battery pack?
Nice video...I would like to get a Thermion in the XP line but hesitant because of the batteries.

Gene

Gene, there are two batteries, one internal that can not be removed and one in the top turret, when using the scope the internal battery is used first, when it gets low it will shift to the turret battery. I have been running about 2 1/2 hrs on the internal and then about 2 hrs. on the turret battery, I do not run the scope on all the time just when hogs come out. It only takes 2 seconds to turn on and Nuc the scope and I'm ready to shoot. I like the battery system on the Thermion, I can charge the batteries while on the rifle thru a usb port or take it off and charge it, I have a QD mount that allows me to move from my 6.8 to my 6.5 Grendel with no change in zero, I just have to go internally and swap my profile setting, I have five profiles that I can set up to five different weapons on...again takes about two or three seconds to make the change

Originally Posted By: larrybGene, there are two batteries, one internal that can not be removed and one in the top turret, when using the scope the internal battery is used first, when it gets low it will shift to the turret battery. I have been running about 2 1/2 hrs on the internal and then about 2 hrs. on the turret battery, I do not run the scope on all the time just when hogs come out. It only takes 2 seconds to turn on and Nuc the scope and I'm ready to shoot. I like the battery system on the Thermion, I can charge the batteries while on the rifle thru a usb port or take it off and charge it, I have a QD mount that allows me to move from my 6.8 to my 6.5 Grendel with no change in zero, I just have to go internally and swap my profile setting, I have five profiles that I can set up to five different weapons on...again takes about two or three seconds to make the change
Thanks Larry...that makes sense. Sure wish the batteries lasted longer...I can typically run most of the night on my trail XQ38 battery without it needing charged. I suppose a person could get extra batteries for the Thermion...I assume the "second" battery is rechargeable...is a charger supplied for it?

yes it does and I got an extra battery. I didn't mention but they have a bigger battery available...when you buy the scope they give you two turret covers one for the shorter battery and a taller one for the bigger battery. I went with the shorter battery so I don't have to carry the taller turret cover with me. The charger also accepts 2 batteries at one time..

Back