60gr Nosler Partition vs 65gr Sierra Gameking SBT

Scrumbag

Hi folks,

Trying out the Partition vs Gameking in my 1:9 .223 Rem CZ527 for small bodied deer.

Any thoughts on what will be better for deer?
Thinking of Ramshot TAC powder - any other thoughts?
Any stability concerns?

I guess it's the relatively short but fast MV vs the heavier, slightly slower yet slippier bullet.

What's your experience folks? Any good loads or bright ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Scrummy

Partition is a legendary deer bullet for a reason. That being said I shoot 22 caliber sierras at deer. It depends of you want a solid bonded bullet, or a slightly fragmenting bullet.

Gold Dot 20% off rebate

I have not got around to trying these yet. Very soon though i hope. I bought a pile of them because of the ballistic gel test performance, youtube accuracy and low price.

I am in the process of selling my house and moving and such. I want to go shoot but can't seem to get out there.

I've heard good things about the Gold Dot and be interesting to try.

I've just sorted out some Speer 120gr SPBT for my 257 Roberts and be interested to see if they work well.

The Sierra's are proving a bit hard to get hold of, everyone seems to be back ordered.

Scrummy

Originally Posted By: ackleymanThree bullets here have worked well on hogs:

64g Winchester

65g Sierra

62g ttsx

55g speer gold dot, not tried the 62 or 75 yet

Any of these are solid recommendations....as usual from this guy^^^

I'm sure both would suffice. I'd lean towards the partition out of the two.

My son at 6 (last year) shot several deer with the 62 ttsx and it performed great.

There was a member on here who shot that load and gave it good reviews. (TAC/65gr GK)

It seems he said it was around Sierra's book max in the AR-15 section.

I noticed a huge difference using WSR primers with TAC powder. I have no idea why but..... Velocities went up and velocity spreads went down. Accuracy at 100 yards was better. Not way better, but better. And that is better.

Originally Posted By: mbaysinger89Partition is a legendary deer bullet for a reason. That being said I shoot 22 caliber sierras at deer. It depends of you want a solid bonded bullet, or a slightly fragmenting bullet.

Neither bullet is bonded.

The 60gr Nosler Partition is truly legendary for whitetail for those that do a lot of culling of medium to small sized deer or for that matter anyone that wants a low recoil deer bullet in a 223. I wouldn't use them for a midwestern whitetail but then some do.

They're also very popular for hogs if you can get a good angle to deliver the below the ear shot.

I shot the 65g Sierra in my old 22-250 for coyotes. It was a tougher bullet for coyotes never used it on deer but I think it would work on deer too. It was an accurate bullet.

Back