Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3214713 - 10/11/19 06:00 PM Rem Model 7 Predator 243
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
I bought new and have close to 100 rounds fired. Accuracy is not very good right now. I bed the recoil lug area, floated the barrel and lightened the trigger but it hasn't helped yet. Shot bullets from 55 to 80 grain with different powders and primer but can't seem to get an inch group at 100yds. Scopes new, rings and bases are new as well. Any suggestions? I wanted to shoot lighter weight pills for coyote hunting but its not cooperating very well.

#3214715 - 10/11/19 06:42 PM Re: Rem Model 7 Predator 243 [Re: pyscodog]
sll Online
Seasoned Member

Loc: Tennessee
Try IMR4831 and 85gr Sierra BTHP's if you decide to go that heavy. Best combo in every 243 I have tried it in.

#3214725 - 10/11/19 08:04 PM Re: Rem Model 7 Predator 243 [Re: pyscodog]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

Well the lighter weights haven't been working. Heavy is the only other way to go. Thanks!

#3214726 - 10/11/19 08:11 PM Re: Rem Model 7 Predator 243 [Re: pyscodog]
GC Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: Missouri
I had to actually pad and add some pressure in the end of the stock where the little factory built in pad is. My rifle was VERY finicky before I did that. I used some oil soaked heavy weight business cards to accomplish that. Soaked in oil and trimmed to fit on that pad in the tip of the forend. Settled my M7 Predator right down. After I mentioned that in a thread another poster did the same and reported similar results. My rifle is now very accurate and a whole lot less finicky.

#3214735 - 10/11/19 11:23 PM Re: Rem Model 7 Predator 243 [Re: GC]
johral Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: WA
Originally Posted By: GC
I had to actually pad and add some pressure in the end of the stock where the little factory built in pad is. My rifle was VERY finicky before I did that. I used some oil soaked heavy weight business cards to accomplish that. Soaked in oil and trimmed to fit on that pad in the tip of the forend. Settled my M7 Predator right down. After I mentioned that in a thread another poster did the same and reported similar results. My rifle is now very accurate and a whole lot less finicky.

I've done it to several rifles with good results. Once I find the thickness that works best I put a dab of bedding compound right behind it and tighten everything down with the shim in place. Remove the shim once the bedding is set. No need to worry about the shim collecting water or getting lost.

Edited by johral (10/11/19 11:27 PM)

#3214736 - 10/11/19 11:52 PM Re: Rem Model 7 Predator 243 [Re: GC]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

Originally Posted By: GC

Thats a good idea. I guess not all barrels like to be floated. Next trip out I'll give it a try. Thanks

Moderator:  Matt1953 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.