Which Foxpro

Tracker12

Well my old Johnnie Stewart finally bit the dust and I looking at getting a Foxpro. Trying now to decide on a model. I think I have narrowed it down to the Fusion or CS24C And guys with experience with these and have a preference

Originally Posted By: IndiyoteBoth would be great choices. I'd say if you value portability over volume go with the fusion and vice versa

I'd agree with the above, however the CS24C isn't all that big, just more square than rectangular. Also, the CS24C comes with the TX1000 remote, which is really nice. Not sure what remote comes with the Fusion.

Originally Posted By: IndiyoteBoth would be great choices. I'd say if you value portability over volume go with the fusion and vice versa

Portability is not an issue with either one. Both are great calls with the CS24C having a little more volume. Both have the TX 100 remote. With the fusion you can attach a decoy to the call and CS 24C would have a separate decoy. You cannot go wrong with either one. I have had the fusion and have the original CS 24 and the shockwave.

I've got both. The Fusion has a lot more features (FoxFusion, etc.) if sound manipulation is important to you, the CS24C is a little louder but I don't see where that would make a huge difference here in the south. They hold the same # of sounds and both use the TX1000 remote. Maybe it's just me but I found that it was a lot easier to load new sounds to the Fusion than it was on the CS24C. Portability is not an issue with either call. As stated above you can add a decoy to the Fusion but it eats batteries with both speakers on and a decoy running and unless there has been a design change the electrical connection for the decoy is pretty flimsy.
I use the CS24C %99 of the time but I am so satisfied with the Fusion that I kept it as a spare.
Unless they have had a price change recently both cost the same. Either call is a top notch choice.

Decide which features you need. I personally use very few of the features on my FoxPro.

A hundred sounds, not needed, I have ten presets on my callers, and haven't used any other than those since I got my callers. I have a CS-24 that I got to replace my very heavy Minaska Big Country(Really a better caller but big) and I won a Crossfire that I use as a backup to the CS-24 both have the same remote with the same ten sounds on the Pre-sets. I could get away with a Spitfire or Patriot. The CS-24 was used and the Crossfire was free. I use a Minaska M-1 Bandit a lot of the time.

Foxbang, has been a pain. I've had the remote drop on the ground and trip the foxbang, rifle barrel hit it, shooting sticks slip and hit the remote, I just shut it off.

So it comes down to what do YOU need on a caller. No sense paying for something you don't need.

I always suggest that someone that is getting their first caller with a remote to buy the least expensive of a name brand. When you have enough experience to know what features you need you can pretty much recoup your investment and then spend more.

When you say Old Johnny Stewart I think 512, maybe old is a lot newer to you.

Last edited:
Quote:Foxbang, has been a pain. I've had the remote drop on the ground and trip the foxbang, rifle barrel hit it, shooting sticks slip and hit the remote, I just shut it off.

ditto,

I bought the newer CS24C, actually think I like my older CS24 better. I have about 10 sounds in a favorites folder, which I use about 4 of them the most.

Originally Posted By: Rookietjx2I shut foxbang off as well. It doesn't work when you're shooting suppressed, but it sure seems to work when you don't want it to. \

It does work when shooting suppressed.

This. Since you wisely picked two callers with the TX1000 remote.

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: Rookietjx2I shut foxbang off as well. It doesn't work when you're shooting suppressed, but it sure seems to work when you don't want it to. \

It does work when shooting suppressed.

It might work for you, but it never works for me.

Back