Lyman CS

vahunter

I have a problem with my DPS 1200 Gen 3 scale. Being years out of warranty I emailed Lyman to see if it could be repaired. Cathy replied back to me stating they no longer have parts for that model and they do not service them anymore. She told me a few things I could check on the scale and if I wanted a Gen 6 I could get one at a discounted price of $150. I think it's great a company offers such a deal on a product that's years out of warranty. Guess I'll be getting a Gen 6.

I have the Gen 6 and the 1200. The Gen 6 is smaller in size and I like that but I have sent mine in twice for repair. There is no trickle feature which isn't a big deal but to do over again, I think I would shop around. First time in they said it needed cleaned. It seemed it would stop in the middle of a throw. Got it back and it still did it. Sent it back and explained in extreme detail what it was doing. They replaced a board of some sorts in it. It still glitchs now and then and doesn't seem to like small ball powder very well. It hangs the drop tube up and you have to take it apart and clean the powder out of it. Not a big deal but a PITA at times. Usually....it works OK and is pretty connsistant but it can be a pain it the tail some times. On a good note, its fast.

Back