Alan Dershowitz: 'I am appalled at Nancy Pelosi,' she sounds like Stalin

hm1996

Staff member

Alan Dershowitz: 'I am appalled at Nancy Pelosi,' she sounds like Stalin

Alan Dershowitz criticized Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi after she reportedly said she wants to see President Trump in prison.

"As a liberal Democrat, I am appalled at Nancy Pelosi," Dershowitz, a civil liberties advocate and former Harvard law professor, said Thursday on Fox News. "The idea of her weaponizing the criminal justice system and calling for the imprisonment of the President of the United States without him being charged with any crime, without him being charged with any impeachable offense. It's just outrageous."

"It sounds like the conversation between Stalin and Beria where Beria said to Stalin, 'Show me the man, and I'll find you the crime,'" Dershowitz said.

"The idea of the most important Democrat in the United States calling for imprisonment of a president is such core violation of civil liberties, the rule of law, and America justice. She ought to be absolutely ashamed of herself," he said.

Dershowitz's comments follow the California Democrat reportedly saying she wanted Trump to be put in prison Tuesday during a meeting of top Democratic lawmakers.

"I don't want to see him impeached, I want to see him in prison," Pelosi said. Pelosi has maintained she would rather see Trump defeated at the ballot box.

Trump responded Thursday to her comments by giving her the nickname "Nervous Nancy."

"I think she is a disgrace," Trump said Thursday. "I actually don't think she's a talented person. I've tried to be nice to her because I would have liked to have gotten some deals done. She's incapable of doing deals. She's a nasty, vindictive, horrible person."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...nds-like-stalin

Regards,
hm

Back