Two coyotes tonight

1trkyhntr

First hunt of this season. We spotted a coyote laying down in the pasture as we were walking in. The wind was right, overcast, and maybe 25-30 cows between him and us so we leapfrogged in closer to him. We got to about 100 yards and killed him laying down. He never knew we were there. We decided to call and I started with some howls. At about 10 minutes we saw a coyote at maybe 600-700 yards enter the field. She was mousing and not even looking in our direction. I tried a couple of rabbit distress sounds and finally got her attention but she would not commit. After about 25 minutes she finally started easing our way. I selected Vole Squeaks and as she was slowly working our way I saw her lift her head and look towards the call. She broke then and trotted in to about 100 yards and stopped looking straight at us. We killed her right there. Good first hunt of the season, better to be lucky than good sometimes.
f2jRJTl.jpg

Don't think there is much luck involved when you go. Consistent DRT is what happens to most. You give them a free ride to the scales.

Back