Recommendations for 6v lights

doggdown

Just had a law change up here in ND that allows us to use lights in green red and Amber lights to hunt. With a 6v maximum power limit. Anyone have any recommendations on what's out there or what to start with? Did a little searching and want something someone has experience with. Thanks in advance!

Just checked my light, 3.7 v

I have the red/ white combo. White helps out with recovery & anything around the house where you need an awesome light. Light weight, dimmable & good all night !

nighteyes.com

Also you can check out allpredatorcalls.com

12V are old school car battery lights like LightForce. 6V batteries are same but smaller like batteries for lawnmowers. Big HEAVY lead batteries. Been there done that.

Nobody uses those anymore. The laws are outdated. For example CA still has a 9V regulation. Makes no sense. LED and battery technology has come a long wsys in the last 10-15 years.

Modern lights use powerful LEDs and litium-ion batteries, the most common are 18650 batteries which are 3.7V. Pick a brand name light from AllPredatorCalls or similar.

I use a red Coyote Light CL-1 for rifle shooting and sometime also for scanning. We can't attach lights to our guns in CA, so I often both scan and shoot with one handheld light.

I also use a red Night Eyes headlamp for scanning and shooting under 100 yards (in the brush). This works perfect with a shotgun and 17hmr, no weapon mounted light is needed. I scan with the head lamp cocked to my left so it's aligned with my barrel when I'm ready to shoot.

I also sometimes scan with my very old model red Wildlife Technologies XLR-100. It's small and handy and it still works great as a scan light. You don't need a ton of power for scanning.

I have the nighteyes headlamp red/ white for scanning.

Presently have COYOTELIGHT on rifle.
Love them both !

Back