Weather Change Coyotes

Kirsch

The area I hunt experienced a drastic change in weather this week. Temps dropping down below freezing at night, and highs in the 40s. I was able to get out and put some fur down using the Sightmark Wraith and Flir PTS536. I have had an ongoing issue with my main AR so switched to my backup gun with my thermal. I have since taken it to my local gunsmith and believe I have it figured out. This was a fun afternoon of hunting. I did post this in the Day and Night Forum sections as it has video of both the Wraith as well as the Flir PTS536.

Great video Kirsch. Thanks for posting and good action! Beautiful country up there

Have you had a chance to do much night hunting with the Wraith as of yet?

Great video, fantastic hunt. The Wraith came in for my buddies rifle(new barrel,load work done) 3 shots to zero at 100. Had it on my AR for a range/learning session, seemed to be no issues when changing zoom or powering off on. Removed batteries and replaced could not see poi change. First shot within 2" of bull at 50 yards, lucky I guess. First shot on new weapon select at 100 yards(buddies m700) about 6" right, 2" high. One adjustment, cut edge of 1/2" bullseye. 2nd adjustment 3rd shot 1" high center. Easy, this is the first digital weapon sight I have used.

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootEasy, this is the first digital weapon sight I have used. Glad it is working well for you.

Originally Posted By: Burnsome...Great video Kirsch. Thanks for posting and good action! Beautiful country up there.

Have you had a chance to do much night hunting with the Wraith as of yet? No, our night season doesn't open until after deer season. Even when it opens up, I like using thermal in this wide open country.

Originally Posted By: Twigg66Good video, You are making the wait for my Wraith to show up harder and harder. Totally understand. I will put a teaser out. I was out yesterday and shot 9 including a quad on film with the Wraith. It will really make the wait hard when that footage posts.

Enjoyed YOUR Hunt very much--Great video--Thanks for sharing------------------svb

Last edited:
hey Kirsch, great video. Quick question for ya about your gear. it appears that you have your foxpro remote mounted in an adapter that is setup on one of the legs of your tripod. Is that a readily available adapter? or is it something you made yourself?

Back