Wildlife technologies updated callers

The remote upgrade is a plus over the older model

I've ranged mine to 300 yards, and it played everything when I pressed play,stop,recall,volume up and down.

The TOA modle is the way to go for portability and easy to use

YES,you still have to have a card to read your sounds off of, or cheat sheet some call it, but myself, when I used my shockwave, or anything that had a remote with a screen that showed your sounds, you still have to scroll thru the remote to play sounds,and pick what you want

I have found that for myself, I am picking sounds Faster than on other remotes, due to screen being busy, and just searching thru it, but that's just me.

I can NOW,with confidence, press a button on my WT remote, and know it will play every command I want it to, and I couldn't say that for the past remotes WT.

Again, you can pre program your sounds on both foxpro and WT remotes for hunts in favorite's, you just don't have the fancy extras with a WT remote. It's simple, fast and works

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Seebasshttps://allpredatorcalls.com/categories/Electronic-Calls/Wildlife-Technologies/

What is going on with this these remotes?

what is it that concerns you with the remotes?

It's almost 2020 and with a price point from $450-$600 I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like a remote resembling the 21st century.

I've heard GREAT things about WT sounds, but I can assure you that remote is holding these products back. A small investment in a simple rudimentary screen would do this caller wonders.

They may work and sound great as said above, but for every one person that took the dive on that unit, there are multiples of 10-100x's more buyers that have passed on it because of the remote. I was one of them and the reason I continued to check on them to see the upgraded remote. I was hoping for something better.

I love a numeric keypad on a remote, there is nothing I hate more than digging out glasses to read the script on a screen while calling. Just punch in a number and your set to go, with a little practice you don't even need to look at the keypad.

That's why Minaska callers are still my favorite and my old CS-24 and Crossfire are even remotely acceptable.

I purchased the Mighty Atom, MA-21 when it came out. Great sound but I didn't much care for the antenna on the outside of the case and the range of the remote. I was getting about 100 yards line of sight. I sent the unit in for an upgrade when they upgraded their case to have the antenna within the hard-shell plastic case. I asked them to tweak the remote for power/range. It came back with the internal antenna but the remote was the same.

I emailed them a couple weeks ago and they said they couldn't upgrade my remote to the same standards as their new unit. I would have to send the entire unit in for an upgrade and the cost was something like $70 cheaper, than just purchasing the new unit. Getting 300/400 yard range on a caller would be great, but for me, 200 yards is all I need.

I'm using Lithium batteries - is there a tweak one can do to increase the range on this MA-21 remote?

My oppinion only, the external antenna modle MA21 was the best of the MA series just because of the external antenna

I use eneloop batteries, and range did NOT matter with batteries on the internal antenna MA21, remote range just flat out sucked, if I could get 100 yards out of the internal MA21, I felt lucky, and that was with line of sight, and overcast days.

The new TOA caller is much better, and the internal remote upgrade is legit so far from what I have tested it to, and or use it for

I do not place my caller no farther than 50 yards, regardless of WHAT name brand I choose to use, that's just what I like to do since I've switched to a shotgun the past year, and still have success

As stated before, the new TOA WT caller with upgraded remote works very well FOR ME, I don't expect anybody else to have same results or to agree with me since we are discussing a WT caller.

Last edited:
Hey Seasley, how you doin Bro!!?? Hope all is well for you..

I am still running a MA-21 and that new Max whatever it is thing, they run great, I pair them up sometimes for crows, and run two remotes to play different crow sounds, drives them nuts.. Problem is my shoulder so my wing shooting has gone down hill..
The reason I still love my WT's is the remotes, I can change sounds ten times faster than my buddy can with his FP remote, and for night hunting its the best, I Velcro it to my knee and put a little glow in the dark paint on the buttons, gives just enough light for you to operate but not enough for Wiley, to bust you..
Up here in the east we keep our callers closer so I never seem to have problems even when call is in low spot..
As for a sound card, I had Boss Bill arrange my sounds, Coyotes sounds, start at zero and go to 22, then farm animal sounds, then fur bearer sounds, then crows. I start my prey distress at 100 so that way I can memorize my sounds somewhat.
I will be honest though, I have 170 or sounds, I kill most of my coyotes with maybe five favorite sounds..
Favorite coyote sounds that I kill most with, coyote estress chirps, coyote breeding, female howl, and pup distress.
Favorite prey sounds hands down are vole squeaks and fawn bleats.

Good luck this season!!!!

Last edited:
I see these posts about the WT remote being better because you can just push a number instead of reading a screen. Well all Fox Pro remotes do have presets you can just push. Some more than others. With the WT remote, I would bet most have some sort of card taped to the remote with a sound list instead of memorizing all the sounds. That means they are still reading something. I had an MA 21 and would not go back to one again. My Fox Pro calls perform better than the MA 21 ever did.

Reb, I cant argue with You on what a great piece of equipment FP callers and their remotes are, great company with many innovations.

I don't believe anyone said the WT remote was better, I guess some of us just prefer it over the FP for our own personal and functional reasons.

Back