22-250 glass

JAI

I’m having a rem 700 built by Hart with a 1:12 #3 contour in a McMillan mtn rifle stock. I am looking into a couple different leupolds to top this one off. First being a 4.5-14x40 secondly a 6.5-20x40. I am trying to keep the weight down on this one so 15-18 ounces if what I’m looking for weight wise. What optics would you all recommend for this set up? Ideally I’ll be shooting 55g flat base Berger’s about 3700 or so.

I would buy the luey 4.5-14x40, but it really depends on the intended use of the rifle!
If coyote hunting, you could get by with a lesser power scope to keep the rifle weight down.
Nothing wrong with the good old 3x9 scope for topping a coyote rig IMO!

Originally Posted By: MatlockIf you are concerned about weight, I'd take a look at Vortex's Razor LH series. Great glass and lightweight.

I have three Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x42 scopes on light guns, they'd be a great choice.

Since the OP mentioned Leupold, the VX-5HD 3-15x44 is a very nice scope with really good optics as well.

I have a vx5 3-15x56 on my Krieger barreled sako wsm. I love the scope but I was looking at something maybe a shade less expensive. I’ve never had any luck with the two vortex I’ve purchased so I tend to steer clear of them. Maybe I just got unlucky, but leupold and nightforce have never let me down... I wouldn’t mind a NF shv if they weren’t so heavy

Originally Posted By: JAII have a vx5 3-15x56 on my Krieger barreled sako wsm. I love the scope but I was looking at something maybe a shade less expensive. I’ve never had any luck with the two vortex I’ve purchased so I tend to steer clear of them. Maybe I just got unlucky, but leupold and nightforce have never let me down... I wouldn’t mind a NF shv if they weren’t so heavy

I don't blame you for being gun shy, no pun intended, with Vortex. I'm no particular fan of their scopes until you get up into their Razor line, then they seem to be much more consistent and are pretty good.

Back