Henry All Weather Stainless 45/70

pyscodog

Sold my Marlin Coyboy and bought the Henry. What a nice rifle!! I mounted a Vari-X III, 1.75x6 on it and have been trying the 325 grain Hornady FTX bullets. This rifle shoots them extremely well. The action is very smooth and has a good trigger also. I liked the Marlin but this Henry shoots considerably better. I wanted the Henry long before I got the Marlin. Finally just took the plunge and got it. I wished I would have just bought it first and save the money I spent on the others before it. So far, I can't say there are any negatives about the rifle with one exception......it has some recoil!!!! (But I'm shooting some pretty warm loads)

P.S. Its made in the good Ol' USA!!

Last edited:
I have the Henry Color Case Hardened .45-70 and love it. It shoots great. I reload 350 Hornady FP and 405gr WLN that I cast. Both very accurate. Also some warm reloads.

I always liked Henry' and their history.Hard to beleive they're made in Brooklyn.What with NYC and the surrounging buroughs being such a gun friendly area and all.Good luck with it!

Originally Posted By: GCThis Henry rifle company began in 1996. What is it about their history that you like?

laugh.gif

Granted their history is short, starting in 96, but ranked 5th in the top long gun manufacturers and 7th in total production. Also the leading lever gun production plant. They sell 300,000 guns per year. Not to bad. They have 535 employees and two plants with 250,000 sq. ft.

Not that any of this matters to some but I thought it interesting and I'm pleased with my Henry rifle. Fit, finish and accuracy is all top end to me. But again, its just my opinion FWIW.

Originally Posted By: GRIZZLYONEFor curtain I own 6 lever guns.

thumbup1.gif
I looked on Henry;s site. They have some VERY nice lever guns I didn't even know they offered.

Well........When I first join Predator Masters, I had been trying for hours to find a user name that wasn't already taken. Every name I came up with got kicked out. I was going crazy thinking of something that might work about the time my Bassett walk by me. Hence the name pyscodog. I entered it and PM accepted it. Should have just used my given name. It would have been a lot less stressful. But that would have been to easy.

There is a Henry Rifle manufacturing plant, in Rice Lake WI, just about 45 minutes from me. So not all Henry rifles are made in the NYC area. Word on the street it they are a good company to work for, and quality is on the top of their list to build by. I am not a lever guy, but if I were, I would be shopping for a Henry.

Squeeze

Originally Posted By: Bernie P.Henry rifles came out in 1860 and were used during the civil war.Then by settlers and the army out west during the Indian wars.

Yes, that Henry rifle company has an interesting history. This modern company is not that same company.

I have 1/2 a dozen + levers including a Henry Big boy steel in .357. Out of the box it is very smooth & ready to shoot (unlike some other brands that are a project in a box). Henry's are heavy for what they are, & I'm not a fan of the tube loading (they do make a gate model now). My favorite lever would still be my 1895 GS S/S in .45/70.

I'm a big fan of lever guns in general and for all the great reviews they get I'd like to try out a Henry one of these days. I just can't get over how ugly their whole product line is. Copies of the BLR and Marlin and they manage to ugly them both up something fierce. Maybe I'll just have to get one and close my eyes when I shoot it

Back