6.5 Creedmore

GRIZZLYONE

The 6.5 Creedmore has been the subject of conversation with the guys in my predator calling club. Any Advantage as far as ballistics with the 6.5 Creedmore over the 22-250, 220 Swift, or 243? Wouldn't all these shoot flatter than the 6.5? or am I missing something here? Grizz

First, the 6,5mm Creedmore is just a 250-3000.
I have shot a 220 Swift for along time.
I have loaded may different pills 40-45 grain.
When you read a ballistic chart on the Swift.
I am in the plus or minus 3in zone out to 350 yards.
With zero at 200 yards. I have no need for a rangefinder.
When the wind comes in to play. I just shoot something bigger.
Who told you can have just one rifle, think of potato chips.
My rule is one new rifle ever year.
I like the 300 Blackout with 125 grain, which is a wind buster.
This CZ 527 is my carry rifle on the farm.
With the 208-220 gr no noise. Firing pin goes click.
My little Leupold 1X4 does a fine job.

P1c1euT.jpg

nrZWLAj.jpg

This "6.5 Creedmore" that you speak of, is it a new cartridge? If its "just a 250-3000" why has it been renamed as the 250-3000 has been around for years?

I've never noticed it being mentioned on any web site until your question about it just now. Hopefully someone who has more knowledge about this obviously new cartridge will come along shorty and fill us in.

Of course it is the same just like a 243 and a 260 are the same. well maybe a 270 and a 280 might be closer to the same

Last edited:
6.5 Creed....Yes, have several.
Middle XP-100 Black/Red stock
rqo9sfIl.jpg

Pachmyar Dominator

It's just a cartridge guys, with a lot of quality components and good industry support.
I even have a rifle chambered for it...Let a preacher friend use it.
tQ8rgVol.jpg

Originally Posted By: GRIZZLYONEThe 6.5 Creedmore has been the subject of conversation with the guys in my predator calling club. Any Advantage as far as ballistics with the 6.5 Creedmore over the 22-250, 220 Swift, or 243? Wouldn't all these shoot flatter than the 6.5? or am I missing something here? Grizz

No advantages for yotes, if your 22 centerfires have a fast twist barrels and are shooting the longer for caliber bullets.
Like a 80 grain ELD-M for 22.
Add 22 Creed in the group as well for a great yote rig. Close to a 22-250 AI without the fireforming.

Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: pyscodogOh Boy.......Here we go again.

Do you own a 6.5 CM, psych

I do.

I still have dies and brass for the CM but no rifles anymore. I seem to fall in and out of love for them. I'm going through a phase of "Old School" calibers right now. Playing with a 600 Mohawk 308 and a older 700 Remington 270 right now. Never messed with the 270 in the passed but finding out its a great caliber and a classic as well.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: pyscodogOh Boy.......Here we go again.

Do you own a 6.5 CM, psych

I do.

I still have dies and brass for the CM but no rifles anymore. I seem to fall in and out of love for them. I'm going through a phase of "Old School" calibers right now. Playing with a 600 Mohawk 308 and a older 700 Remington 270 right now. Never messed with the 270 in the passed but finding out its a great caliber and a classic as well.

You are indeed the picture of what a Renaissance Man would look like..........
laugh.gif

Grizzlyone,
Just with my 18" 22 Creed (82 grain Berger) and my 17" 6.5 Creed (147 ELD-M), both with 100 yard zero's, when guessing it is 250 yards and it is really 310 yards the 22 drops 5", while the 6.5 Creed drops 8".
Both of these are set-up for LR shooting, and not coyotes per say, but you get the idea.
My 15.75 20 BR with 55 grain bullets is just under a 5" drop (When guessing it is 250 yards, but the coyote is really at 310 yards) like my 22 Creed.
These are all shooting heavy for the caliber bullets.
All three are Remington center grip XP-100's
If, close range yotes were the goal, I would be shooting different bullets and some lighter weight ones.
At 800 yards:
20 BR requires 17.1 MOA/143.1"
22 Creed takes 16.2 MOA/135.8
6 Creed requires 18.2 MOA/152.2"
6.5 Creed requires 24 MOA/201"

I have been loading a Swift for 57 years. What happened to that 224 VALKYRIE, gone.
224 VALKYRIE junk has been on sale for 6 months, All this Creedmore is on sale now.
Remember Winchester short magnums, Hope you didn't buy one. People who bought one
are stuck with them. The believed the advertisement BS with no knowledge of ballistic.
Jack O'Connor wrote about the 270 Winchester, How great it was. Everyone went and bought one in the 1960s.
Jack only hunted with 30-06. Then Remington paid people to write about the 22-250.
The information highway was born, Magazines put out stories and people spent money.
Just like torque wrenches and Loctite for scope rings, just to sell stuff you do not need.
That little L shaped wrench is all you need and some 3-1 oil.
The power of the press to get a fool's money, next year they will start something else.
The cycle starts again for your money. Who messed up all the twist rates?

For hunting the medium velocity 6.5 Creedmore is nothing special. If you want to lob bullets at long range with relatively low recoil then it has some advantages.

I recommended a buddy of mine, who wanted lower recoil, to get the Creedmore over another 308. I shot it and it is definitely tamer than my 270.

If you read about his life he only shot a 30-06.
His son did kill a moose with the 270 Winchester.
He was paid to push the 270 like They are paid to push the 6,5mm CM.

Willy, unless I am mistaken I think for sheep hunting he mainly used a 270. And he did a lot of sheep hunting.

Originally Posted By: ZWilly, I am pretty sure Jack used a .270 once in awhile.

Yeah, a lot more than once in a while. He did not use it exclusively and liked the old 7X57 quite a bit too.

So much anger and contention guys! There is nothing wrong with the 250-3000 but the 6.5 creedmoor is similar not the same. I love my 270 and my 6.5 Creedmoor, this takes nothing away from other cartridges. We are all free to use what we like. Why does the word Creedmoor make some people hyperventilate? Don't buy one if you don't like em.
To say that Jack O'Connor never used the 270 Winchester is pure silliness.
Relax, go shoot something.

Back