Best predator hunting pack

Seriously considered one of these a few times, with a taller 7 gal heavy duty bucket and lid to sit on. Would be great for those stands that aren't too far from the truck.

You can find these packs on ebay if you look around. Only reason I haven't bought one is because it looks like a child sized pack.

I've thought about making my own by bolting on an old backpack or using a set of milsurp straps or some webbing. Some day I'll have a good plan and get around to actually doing it.
28753614357_be2299d6f8_c.jpg

Y’all need to look at the Coyotecalls.com. The dual mod pack. It will hold a rifle and a shotgun. Enough room for all you stuff and has water. Best pack I’ve seen

I bought a Sitka "Sling Choke" a few months ago. It's not a traditional two shoulder strap pack, instead you wear it over your shoulder and across your body. It's designed for waterfowl but who really cares about intended use?

I'm not usually too far from my car, maybe a mile at the most, so I don't need much. It's only 800 cu inches so you don't end up with a bunch of unnecessary stuff just because you have extra space. Inside I keep my fox pro fusion w/ attached decoy, remote, spotlight, range finder, monocular, IR scanner, extra load of ammo, headlamp, and knife.

One of my favorite parts about the pack is that I don't have to take it off to get things out. I just sling it around to the front and all the pockets are facing up so nothing can spill out.

Starting this thread back up. I think I’m going to buy the eberlestock gunrunner pack. Does anyone that uses the gunrunner have issues with storing a X24 or X2S in the pack? Also, if hiking into places, do you guys just strap coyotes to the pack with some additional straps?

I have a kifaru with a Stryker XL but its a little bigger than I’m wanting to use. Plus I like the gun scabbard on the eberlestock.

I've used the Eberlestock X1-E for well over 10 years. Mine is the 1st Gen that has a little easier pockets to access over the current Gen 2. The new version has a full width scabbard, vs the 2/3ths width of the earlier model. I have the Gen 2, but have never really used it yet. Day time use I use the scabbard for my gun, night time I use it for my tripod & I carry the gun.

I had a Gunrunner that I planned on using for a quick hunt type thing, but sold it. Too small and a flimsy waist belt, which was to cut weight, but sucks for support. The X1-E only weighs 1.75 lbs more, but is almost twice as big, and half the extra weigh probably comes from the waist belt. it's worth it.

I'm not sure how big the 2 callers are, but I bet they'd take up most of a gunrunner's space.

Here's an old video of the Gen1 version:

Last edited:
I've used the Eberlestock X1-E for well over 10 years. Mine is the 1st Gen that has a little easier pockets to access over the current Gen 2. The new version has a full width scabbard, vs the 2/3ths width of the earlier model. I have the Gen 2, but have never really used it yet. Day time use I use the scabbard for my gun, night time I use it for my tripod & I carry the gun.

I had a Gunrunner that I planned on using for a quick hunt type thing, but sold it. Too small and a flimsy waist belt, which was to cut weight, but sucks for support. The X1-E only weighs 1.75 lbs more, but is almost twice as big, and half the extra weigh probably comes from the waist belt. it's worth it.

I'm not sure how big the 2 callers are, but I bet they'd take up most of a gunrunner's space.

Here's an old video of the Gen1 version:

Yeah I was a little concerned about the shoulder straps and hip belt. Have you ever strapped a coyote to the pack?

I’ve got some badlands to hike a couple miles back into and would like to strap anything to the pack for the hike out. I’m probably better off just using my deer and elk pack.

Yeah I was a little concerned about the shoulder straps and hip belt. Have you ever strapped a coyote to the pack?

I’ve got some badlands to hike a couple miles back into and would like to strap anything to the pack for the hike out. I’m probably better off just using my deer and elk pack.
I never have. When I've hunted Mt in the past, it was before fur was prime. With no buyers around here, and a down fur market, it's not worth the effort to get them home, unfortunately.

I never have. When I've hunted Mt in the past, it was before fur was prime. With no buyers around here, and a down fur market, it's not worth the effort to get them home, unfortunately.
Gotcha. Well I’ll give the X1 a good look. Thanks for the info.

I have an Eberstock knock off that I use to pack a heavy rifle or AR. I fold the barrel tube up and carry the rifle butt down
PXL_20231126_210532834.jpg

BrianID clued me in on how to do this.

If a pack is your end game, I would check out eberlestock. Others that commented are right. They are highly quality packs. But once cry once.

If a pack is your end game, I would check out eberlestock. Others that commented are right. They are highly quality packs. But once cry once.
I got a couple buy once cry once packs that just don’t work very well. Took the Kifaru Stryker XL out last week and there’s just too many straps. The plastic clanging sucked and it doesn’t pack a shotgun well. Hopefully my eberlestock gets here in the mail before the end of the week.

Ok I got the eberlestock X1 euro yesterday and took it out today. Overall I really like it so far.

I’ll start by stating, I’ve used a Kifaru stryker XL exclusively for 2 years and have come to the conclusion that I hate it for predator hunting. It’s not efficient for pulling the call out and it doesn’t have a scabbard for packing a extra gun or just throwing your rifle in the pack quick.

So the X1 euro will comfortably fit my 22 inch tikka with a 9inch suppressor attached. There’s no hang up at all and I can pull the gun out of the scabbard if needed quick. It’ll also hold my benelli supernova with a extended tube (32 inches overall). My AR will for with the magazine inserted. I only have a small red dot on it but it might be a issue if you have a scope mounted on a AR. You could also remove the mag I guess.

My main concern was being able to fit a prairie blaster in the main pockets. The giant prairie blaster easily fits the bottom compartment and a X2S fits both compartments. Recently got the X2S so I’ll probably ditch the prairie blaster. The pack easily holds an extra puffy coat or layers and other gear without issue.

I did 10 miles with it today. I packed the suppressed tikka, X2S, water, and a over white coat without a problem. The frame isn’t as robust as a Kifaru but I’m not going to be packing 100lbs either. I noticed the pack was much quieter because I didn’t have the buckles banging off my gun or call like I did with the Kifaru.

The load lifters seem adequate for the weight I’d put in it. I don’t think it would be a issue to
Strap a coyote or bobcat to the back either. The only thing I think I’ll add to the bag is a cargo netting of some sort or a extra strap to attach my stadium seat.

Thanks for the recommendations from all and hope this helps. Sorry I should have taken some pics while out hunting but I was to busy getting my ass handed to me by non existent coyotes.
IMG_6821.jpeg
IMG_6822.jpeg
IMG_6823.jpeg
IMG_6824.jpeg

You too? I hunted SW ND today and struggled. Got a couple but definitely slow.

Glad the packs working out for you.
Yeah man! Everything was running away from the call today. I threw the kitchen sink at them too. Hit north central SD at first. Ended the day in south central ND, where there was still some snow. Got spanked today.

Just thought I'd toss this out. I hang my caller off one of the D-rings on the front of the pack shoulder straps with a carabineer and use a decoy as a trekking pole. That way I don't have to take off the pact to set my caller and decoy. A lot of times when I set the caller I look back and actually see a better place to sit and don't have to gather up my rifle, stool and sticks to move.

Back