Scope suggestions for 300 WM

pahntr760

I have a Rem 798 in 300 WM inbound. I want a quick-reaction type scope set-up for this with a chance at stretching the range when needed.

Burris Four-X 1.5-6X42 with #4 reticle, illuminated dot
Meopta Aremis 200 1.5-6X42 with #1 reticle FFP
Leupold VX-3i 1.5-5x20 with duplex reticle
Leupold VX-3i 2.5-8x36 with duplex reticle
Leupold VX-R 2-7X33 with Illuminated dot duplex reticle

Of these, which one? Suggestions?

Originally Posted By: gr8fuldougKeep in mind, of these scopes mentioned the Meopta Aremis 2000 1.5-6X42 with #1 reticle is the only FFP

You're every where this AM, Doug! lol

I am tracking that. However, I feel with the #1 reticle, the FFP shouldn't be a real hard adjustment, but it is something to consider.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: gr8fuldougKeep in mind, of these scopes mentioned the Meopta Aremis 2000 1.5-6X42 with #1 reticle is the only FFP

I am tracking that. However, I feel with the #1 reticle, the FFP shouldn't be a real hard adjustment, but it is something to consider.

And today is my day off
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: gr8fuldougOriginally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: gr8fuldougKeep in mind, of these scopes mentioned the Meopta Aremis 2000 1.5-6X42 with #1 reticle is the only FFP

And today is my day off
smile.gif

It's 1035 PM here, but I will be back in the States for a while Monday!!!

I'm a fan of the 1.5x6x40'ish scope for a hunting rifle, but being able to get close to game is far more important to me than just shooting something.

My coyote rifles wear 1.5-6's by Sightron, Burris, Bausch&Lomb and Alpen. I have the Burris you are looking at on my 22 Magnum, it is a nice scope for the money. The heavy squared off ends of the thick part of the reticle take a little getting used to but really bracket game n low light. The price was really nice also, good clear scope and the adjustments have been spot on for me. My favorite but sadly discontinued is the the Sightron II 1.5-6x40mm, in inch tube, light weight, clear and reliable it is on my first choice coyote rifle. I also have a Bussis Sig. Sel. 1.5-6x40mm(1" tube) that is a nice scope also.

I shoot Leupold 1-4x20mm's on my levers and combo guns and they have worked very well for me. I have vx-1 shotgun, Vari-x II, VX-2 and Freedom versions. They are also honest 300 yard coyote scopes on capable rifles. They are light weight, clear and adjustments have been spot on on all of them, so I wouldn't count out the VX-3 1.5x5x20mm. I have never found that the 20mm objective to be detrimental even in early mornings and evenings and for coyotes I have no legal hunting hours, if I can see them with my bare eyes I can find them in the scope.

While I like the VX-3 2.5-8 scope you are giving up a lot of FOV compared to the 1.5-6 and feel that if you are going to go with a 2.5 on the bottom end there are a lot of nice 2.5-10's out there that will have a little more on the top end without giving anything up on the bottom. I have a couple Elite 4200 2.5x10x40mm's on rifles

SightronII on my 22-204

AxVnvZ.jpg

Leupold on my 6.5x58R/16ga/16ga drilling

mF8Jow.jpg

Last edited:
All I can speak for is the Leupold VX-3i line. Light weight, great, clear glass for the money. And it's on a lightweights 300WM if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
Back