Copenhagen

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Tomorrow is 2 weeks for me... Promised my daughter I would quite some time ago... Last deer season I started back up... Tried to keep it on the down low... She found my can a couple weeks ago... Quick smoking 9 years ago with dip... Quit dipping with an e-cig... The last year has been dip and e-cig... Today it is just e-cig and strong black coffee... Switching addictions...

I quit a few months ago (cigarettes) by going the vaping/ecig route. Still hard at times (the wife is still smoking) but this has been the easiest so far.

I would really recommend the ecig route with nicotine and wean yourself off to zero. Buy a good one that produces lots of vapour.

Originally Posted By: Wyoming DrifterI'm going on 2 1/2 yrs because of this thread. I hope it has helped others besides me.

AWESOMENESS!!!-
thumbup.gif

Me? I quit 15 years ago and still reach for my front shirt pocket where I kept it when I'm out in the field. I started in 5th grade and was doing a can a day in high school.

I have been off almost two years. However I am not weaned off of the nicorette lozenges yet.
I had all but quit them. Then work being flooded out two times in one year really frazzled me. Numerous times I would have given $100 for a dip.

One other thing while subject is going. May be my age, maybe not. I have wayyyyyy less tolerance for “stupid” than ever, and it doesn’t bother me to bluntly point it out.

Anyone else have this happen?

I am not snappy, just when folks do something stupid I really let it bug me. I used to be able to let stuff slide like water off a ducks back.

Maybe if everyone let stupid people have it good, there would be fewer of them.

Instead everyone just stays silent and everyone gets to carry on however they see fit.

Nothing is getting better. People are getting worse. Look how many people posting trash on forums every single day without having a shred of experience to back up their "opinions." So maybe if everyone held everyone else accountable... people wouldn't be so stupid.

I watched my favorite uncle die of throat and stomach cancer, I threw the can out the window of my car...never touched it again.

I can't seem to get the image of him laying there dying out of my head, it is no way to go.

What ever it takes, get it done...quit.

Originally Posted By: jshI have been off almost two years. However I am not weaned off of the nicorette lozenges yet.
I had all but quit them. Then work being flooded out two times in one year really frazzled me. Numerous times I would have given $100 for a dip.

During times of crisis, looking to a substance is the wrong move.

When things get tough... open this instead:
https://www.biblica.com/bible/

congratz to ya'll.

i'm over 10 years nicotine free at this point - couldnt tell ya exactly how long because i've just lost track. i started smoking at like 12 and smoked about 18 years b4 i quit. was a kodiak man too for about 5 years of it.

dont miss it one [beeep] bit.

I have been off of Copenhagen for about 6 weeks now... I used it for about 50 years. It has been tough, but I'm determined to stay quit! I just quit, no crutches. A friend has some health issues that may or may not be related so we both gave it up. Good luck to all who try!

My mother was an aeneshaitist. She'd come home in a frenzy threatening my dad, sister and brother she'd sneak a cancer ridden lung they'd removed out of the hospital and bring it home for them to see. We didn't think she'd do it but she'd be so incensed we didn't know what to think. Then, the chewing dad really took off with kids in the 70s and young men were having jaws removed from cancer. She was so radical about killing oneself with cancer that was a choice. Then, they transferred her into an eye specialty clinic and things calmed down. Brother quit when he began body sign-up said he either didn't do body work with the fumes and Bondi dust or.quit smokes. One of the other. Dad kept smoking. Did still at it.

I wish I had a $5 bill for every time I've quit. I could probably buy a thermal scope with the money.

Read this thread a couple weeks ago. My 7yr old hunting buddy has been asking if he can chew and at what age can he start. It motivated me to quit again. It has been easier than in the past. Mind over matter. I did dream last night I bought two cans on my way to work and woke up mad at myself. I've been using the grinds coffee pouches to satisfy my need to chew on something and they help.

Keep on the wagon!!

Dude I tried everything to quit. I chewed for 35 years Copenhagen and Redman. I was 48 years old and had a stroke my neurosurgeon ask me "do you want to cut your chances of having another stroke in half?" I said yes she said quit chewing so I did that day. Its hard no doubt I think it just takes the right motivation. Kids and health are great reasons.

Good luck

Back