Need advice for catching skunks,not dogs

I've got a skunk digging up my yard. I used to catch them in conibear traps in a box set, but I have a dog now as well as other dogs that come around. Anybody got an idea that'll let me catch/kill a skunk that won't catch a dog. Is a snare an option? Will they spray if caught in a snare?

Get a Havahart live trap baited with shelled hardboiled eggs. Canned cat or dog food might also work. My sister in law has caught at least a dozen from under her house & shed. She moves the trap with a hook on a long pole and drops it into a garbage can of water to drown the skunk. Several people expressed concern and asked why she didn't just turn them loose out in the countryside. She replied that she will call them to come get the next one and they can turn it loose themselves. No takers.

Originally Posted By: HellgateGet a Havahart live trap baited with shelled hardboiled eggs. Canned cat or dog food might also work. My sister in law has caught at least a dozen from under her house & shed. She moves the trap with a hook on a long pole and drops it into a garbage can of water to drown the skunk. Several people expressed concern and asked why she didn't just turn them loose out in the countryside. She replied that she will call them to come get the next one and they can turn it loose themselves. No takers.

She needs to ell em that she will release in their neighborhood.

They wont like that anymore than those that live where they propose beside it is most likely ILLEGAL to relocate any wild critters. Kill em all esp possums.

Back