Govt. Buy Back?

pyscodog

IF IF IF a bill passed for Govt. Buy Back of AR's and AK style rifles, how much are they going to pay? I have had and know a bunch of you still have high end rifles costing a lot more that an off the shelf cheapo rifle. Will they offer a fraction of what they are worth? Its total crap that the good guy is always the one that suffers but what if?

I have a few that I've bought over the years, and as psycodog mentioned , How much will they be willing to pay ,if the price is right I'd sell em . ain't got much use for them except to plink with , if I'm going big game hunting I'd rather have a large caliber bolt action .One well placed shot and the hunts over .

Originally Posted By: suprsongdgslyr I have a few that I've bought over the years, and as psycodog mentioned , How much will they be willing to pay ,if the price is right I'd sell em . ain't got much use for them except to plink with , if I'm going big game hunting I'd rather have a large caliber bolt action .One well placed shot and the hunts over .

Their divide and conquer method works.
There are many among us that will give up anything as long as its not their favorite. What happens when they come for the "sniper rifles", which are nothing more than a hunting rifle?

Face it, they are after all guns, they just need to start somewhere and then go from one type to the next.
I agree with the "sniper rifle" comment, I just hope that suprsongdgslyr is proficient with a flintlock which they may leave us own.
According to his own post, one well placed shot and the hunts over, yup, between a flintlock and a bow you should have no problem having a successful hunt, no need what so ever for those high powered scoped sniper rifles!
BTW: I shot a deer the last 2 yrs. with a flintlock, If I can do it anyone can, just hope you don't flinch!
laugh.gif

give up your semi auto's and you have handed over all grounds for not giving up anything else. once that precedent is set they will use it to justify the next class of guns they want to ban.

and since banning these is ok, so is the next one. and the next and the next and the next.

They are starting to get on my nerves with this stuff.I can put up with a lot of stupid but this is getting ridiculous.

I reckon they are not going to quit till they destroy the best place to live the world has ever had.

First off, I don't think it will ever happen. To many gun owners on both sides of the fence. Not saying they won't make things rough or at least try to but I just think a buy back or confiscation will be hard to pass. Maybe some stupid high tax on firearms and ammo or a license of some sort, maybe a longer waiting period.

I think Beto just signed his ticket home with his comment. Taking guns away from Texans...good luck with that.

Last edited:
the dems want to. every one of them who's been in on these 3 debates *wants* to, but they mostly won't admit it.

biden did. beta is flat out being demanding and rude about it. and the othe dems are pissed at him because you are not supposed to say that you intend to take away anyone's guns, period

they keep pretending that's not what they intend to do, while just waiting for things to align so they can in fact do it. in the meantime we're supposed to be stupid enough to believe that "no one wants to take your guns", despite a rather lengthy history of a bunch of them saying exactly that.

but until now, the ones saying it have not been running for the presidency.

Politicians and the elite class have always been afraid of the common man. The working class. The common working man who is capable of bearing arms is their only real fear.
The working mans ability to bear arms is the ONLY thing that keeps him from being a total slave.

The Founders wanted those who came after to be free. Thats why they wrote the 2nd. Thats why we will keep our arms. Period.

If a law ever does pass on the selected weapons and it goes through the courts and you get caught with an illegal weapon, what will happen??? If the charge is a felony, you might lose your rights for all of the weapons except the basic black powder weapons. I don't see it failing in the courts, the Clinton moratorium on AR's and etc. passed the court test, also quite a few local and state law cases have passed the tests in court. Never checked, but hasn't the California gun restrictions been tested in the courts?

I would think that would be the ultimate goal of the anti gun crowd.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42957.pdf

Quote:Legal Challenges to the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban
The Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 was unsuccessfully challenged as violating several constitutional provisions. While arguments that the act constituted an impermissible Bill of Attainder,42 is unconstitutionally vague,43 and is contrary to the Ninth Amendment44 were readily dismissed by the courts, challenges to the ban based on the Commerce Clause and the Equal Protection Clause received more measured consideration.

Back