Custom Benelli M2

I think the TSS #3 shot is the perfect size shot for coyotes. TSS #3 shot has right at 100 pellets in a 1-1/2 oz load and it gets 3.70" of gel penetration at 98.4 yards.

Success!

48801551848_01c78db1cf_z_d.jpg

On the first stand of the M2's maiden voyage I dropped this dog. It was pitch black and I started the stand with a locator call. No response. Switched to rabbit distress and began scanning with a red spotlight. About 10 minutes in he appeared out of no where at about 40yds along a low ridge line.

Even though he had a better shot my partner passed and told me to take it. What a friend, eh! In the confusion the coyote darted behind the ridge and when he popped back up he came face to face with a wall of #4 shot TSS. He piled up on the spot. Not even a twitch...

Here's a pic the next morning. DOG DOWN!
48801551763_6241ac5dec_z_d.jpg

My hunting buddy and I skinned it out last night and yes I'm sending it out to be tanned but won't be doing it myself... There's a guy in town with beetles so I'll drop the skull off with him too just for fun.

On the second stand of the the same night I shot this one, we headed out to the back forty of a local farm. As soon as we sat down three different groups of dogs started howling locators all around us. I played a Den Raid call and two dogs came in hot and ran up on us within 20 yds in the wide open. They came in slightly behind us and to the left but so fast that nether of us could get a shot off. Crazy that we had a chance on a double at that range...

Headed out tomorrow morning. I'll update if everything goes well.

Back