First time out with the Burris Eliminator III out to 1000 yards

I have not had any issues to date.
I have not used it a lot past 900 yards in heavy mirage and in bright sunlight.
That will be the enemy of any rangefinder, even my Terrapin.

Originally Posted By: CatskinnerNice shootin reverend!

Have you noticed any issues with the range finding capability? Meaning, can you range animals at those distances without any issues?

I was able to go out and shoot with a couple from church yesterday.
He shoots a factory Remmy 300 RUM, and is still relatively new to LR.
His wife hadn't shot a centerfire rifle, but was interested in LR shooting.
For about a half hour I did a little coaching at the house working on basics.
Her husband had never used a Burris E-3 scope before, so was on the carpet checking it out after I got the basics finished.
Then it was off to Mac's Gunworks to play on some steel.
Her two biggest challenges was seeing through the scope with the full field of view and trigger pull.
The third issue was learning to use the rear bag properly, but that was minimal.
10" A-500 steel.
Every shot was hit until she went to 600 yards.
That is where the form issues begin to show themselves clearly.
Remember this was her first time ever use a centerfire rifle and a scope.
She started with 10 power and before the afternoon was over she was running everything at 14 power with no problems.
At 450 & 500 yards once she got her trigger pull down she began clustering shots that were touching on a fairly regular basis. There were a few hiccups with a few shots high but overall she was shooting awesome.

I used the 4" to 5" steel targets and ran from 200 yards to 600 (100 yard increments) yards then shot 800 & 1000 yards on 10" & 12" steel.
When she was ready for break, her husband was able to shoot it and went out to thousand yards with success.
I think she is hooked!
After taking a break from shooting she finished up at 450 yards and 500 yards.
No misses.
I am very proud of her!!!

Originally Posted By: sbhooperI am wondering what the long-term durability will be with a hard-recoiling rifle. The scope is neat, but I am more concerned about whether or not it will hold up during a tough hunt.

An older gentleman I see shooting at the gun club every week has one. I have seen him with it a few times. Last time I talked to him he stated he was frustrated with it. For the first year or so it worked perfectly. Lately it has developed a wandering zero. He was concerned because while Burris has a "forever" warranty it only applies to optical and mechanical issues. Electronics are warrantied for 3 years. That is a sample of one.

Just curious, I wonder if anyone has actually ever even paid yet to have one of their Eliminators fixed that were past three years old?

This modification to the E-3 should be out after the first of the year sometime. It will also be set up to work with rimfire/blackpowder/sub-sonic.
Can't wait to run it.

Just thought I would update everyone on the E-3 with the touch-pad activator.
Even though they have been out for some time now this is the first time I have taken any video using it.

The 284 Winchester XP-100 (9T Krieger, Dell trigger, Norma brass H-4831sc, 162 A-Max) with the Burris Eliminator (E-3) with the updated touchpad.
It is so much faster than the original design where you have to reach forward and break your shooting foundation to get range and correction.

Back