LRP 6.5CM brass to SRP brass question

NWShooter69

Here is a new one on me and I have zero idea how to proceed. I shoot and reload for my 6.5CM with Hornady brass. A coworker bought a few bags of Starline SRP at a garage sale over the weekend and sold them to me for a song . Here is my dilemma , all of my data is based on Hornady brass and large rifle primers. Do I drop the charge weight a grain or more and move on or start a new work up? All my previous data is mid line and below max , but I have never used the 6.5CM SRP brass. Thoughts and advice would be most appreciated.

Use a cci 450 primer to start.

Dimensional difference in the brass maybe an issue, for example neck thickness and dimension at the base of the case or Web.

You may for a fact have a different top end load as Starline may show pressure sooner or later than Hornady.

All things being equal, you usually have to add .5g more powder to the small rifle brass vs Large rifle brass....but this is a general rule of thumb.

My creed loads are very close to a max load for the rifle at the accuracy node, and I use Hornady brass.

You may want to entertain the thought of trading your new SRB for new Hornady brass...just to keep life simple.

Back