Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 323 of 344 < 1 2 ... 321 322 323 324 325 ... 343 344 >
Topic Options
#3211068 - 08/27/19 11:59 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
DoubleUp Online
Die Hard Member III

Loc: USA
I thought you baiters might want to see another calling video while we're all waiting for the baiting to pick up.

My hunting buddy had to work late and couldn't make it tonight so I had to go it alone. He killed a nice female last night while we were calling. He got it on video but hasn't downloaded it to me yet. Here is his female from last night.

IMG951922 by Double Up, on Flickr

I called another freshly picked corn field tonight. The ditch banks were not cut and visibility was limited. I set up on the end of a ditch bank so I could see two cuts clearly. This big male came in on the opposite side of the next ditch bank, so I didn't see him until he got right to the end of the ditch. Range was 50 yds. Even though I hit him just to the left of center chest, and knew he was fatally hit, I decided to put another one in him to make it as quick as possible.

IMG_0518 by Double Up, on Flickr

Here is the video:

#3211210 - 08/30/19 12:31 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
Burnsome... Online
Seasoned Member

Loc: GA
Great job DU !

SOON....

#3211285 - 08/31/19 12:57 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
DoubleUp Online
Die Hard Member III

Looks like he is soon going to be feeling "The Burn".

#3211473 - 09/03/19 02:11 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
DoubleUp Online
Die Hard Member III

Well I always say it's best to be good, but I'll take lucky when it comes. The rain stopped last night about 8 so I texted my hunting partner to see if he wanted to make a stand. I didn't hear anything back so I told my wife I was going down and try that field we didn't get to the other night. I went out to the shop and truck to get my stuff out so I wouldn't make any noise when I got to the field. On the spur of the moment I decided to scan my freshly picked corn field. Standing there not a hundred yards away was a coyote. I eased back to the truck and got my tripod. Got back to the corner of the building and set it up. Lip squeaked him, and it was the same coyote from the other night because he hobbled over to the ditch next to my yard.

I did turn on the recorder but didn't give it enough time to start recording I guess so I missed recording the shot. Anyway the 50 Speer TNT absolutely smoked him, and he fell over into the field ditch. Man that was a thwap when the bullet hit him. It was a big 35 lb. male, but I'm sure sorry I didn't get the kill on video. It looked like he got hit with the Hammer of Thor. Here is the picture. Part of his left front paw is missing. He may have gotten caught in a trap and got loose, but that is the reason he was hobbling. It didn't keep him from being in a good healthy condition though.

IMG_0520 by Double Up, on Flickr

Tonight we made a stand but it was hot, humid, sweating profusely and mosquitoes were out in full force. We did absolutely nothing. When I was getting ready for my hunting partner to pick me up just at dark, I decided to make a couple of howls on the hand call. I had two respond in the woods to my south, but didn't mess with them anymore. After getting back, I was getting ready for bed and decided to look out the window one last time. I saw this coyote easing along in the field behind my pond. I think this must have been the mate to the male I killed last night. At first I thought she was coming to the scent of the bait pile, but then I realized that she fell right where I killed the male last night that fell in the ditch. I think she was sniffing where he had fallen. The 50 gr. Speer TNT had the same effect on her that it did on the male last night.

IMG_0521 by Double Up, on Flickr

Here is the video:

#3211475 - 09/03/19 06:03 AM Re: Baiting [Re: DoubleUp]
old cat Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: wv
Way to whack'em DU.

#3211478 - 09/03/19 07:38 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
6mm06 Online
PM senior

Good job. That one didn’t even twitch, anchored and done right there. Those Speers seem to be working just fine. You are probably right that she was the mate to the male the other night.

#3211667 - 09/04/19 05:16 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
Burnsome... Online
Seasoned Member

You're definately in the meat DU. Good job sir

#3211848 - 09/06/19 12:37 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Burnsome...]
Burnsome... Online
Seasoned Member

Interesting visitor to my bait area. Second time to show up...

#3212060 - 09/09/19 11:36 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
6mm06 Online
PM senior

Nice Bobcat Burn. I love cats.

I had a bit of luck the other night, early morning actually before daylight. I finally had a coyote, a male visit the bait site while I was staying in the cabin. This was ole "One-Eye" that I have been watching for some time now. Never could get up with him but it finally happened shortly after 0600 in the morning. I used an ATN 4k 3-14x scope mounted on a Dtech AR 6x45 and a Sierra 70 gr. Blitz King bullet.

I first used a 940nm spotlight that is mounted on a 4x4 post about 25 yards from the bait site. The 940 is pure stealth with no signature at all that I can see. I control it remotely from the cabin. To shoot I like to use an 850nm light in order to see better but also for better video. The coyote didn't like the weapon-mounted T-20 IR (850nm) and began to retreat. Luckily he was essentially going straight away so the shot was made easier.

The shot knocked him down but he managed to get to his feet and ran a short distance. It wasn't the classic broadside shot that I like. Once I deployed the 850 light and he saw it, he only gave me a second or two before he left. I have found that some coyotes tolerate the red glow better than others. I confirmed the coyote was down with an Apex XQ38 thermal scope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_GaJFaB3fE

#3212067 - 09/09/19 12:53 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
DoubleUp Online
Die Hard Member III

Very nice work there 6. That Texas heart shot put him down pretty quick I'd say. Video looked like it would have been nice and clear if he had not spooked so quickly, but it happens at times.

#3212080 - 09/09/19 02:32 PM Re: Baiting [Re: 6mm06]
Softpoint Online
Seasoned Member

Loc: Washington
Was it the 850 light or the clicking sound made when turning it on? It sounded pretty loud on the video but at 60 yards?

Nice write up. I like how detailed you are!

#3212086 - 09/09/19 02:59 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
6mm06 Online
PM senior

Thanks Softpoint, the clicking sound you heard was the 850nm light when I cycled through the various modes. It has low, medium and high settings. There is an audible click but I don't think a coyote would notice at 60-70 yards, but I could be wrong.

#3212087 - 09/09/19 03:02 PM Re: Baiting [Re: DoubleUp]
6mm06 Online
PM senior

Originally Posted By: DoubleUp
....Video looked like it would have been nice and clear if he had not spooked so quickly, but it happens at times.

I could see pretty good though the scope, but as I have mentioned previously, the 4k needs better contrast. I have been watching some of Deltagunner's beaver videos lately of the Wraith, and the video at least is better than the 4k, so I am assuming the resolution and contrast through the eye piece is better too. If only the Wraith had audio, I would be interested. I keep hoping they will fix that issue in future models.

The 4k is no slouch and is plenty good enough for the type of hunting I do, but I like good clarity and contrast, which I don't think it has compared to the Wraith. My home-made night vision outfit is at least as good as the 4k and better in most cases.

#3212097 - 09/09/19 05:23 PM Re: Baiting [Re: Cougar Jim]
Burnsome... Online
Seasoned Member

Great job 6mm. Nice light setup you have there.

#3212152 - 09/10/19 07:07 AM Re: Baiting [Re: Burnsome...]
weekender Online
Die Hard Member III

Loc: NC
Purdy work on skittish one 06, thanks for sharing the video.

Page 323 of 344 < 1 2 ... 321 322 323 324 325 ... 343 344 >

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.