Ritchs Precision Guns

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3212206 - 09/11/19 01:51 AM Re: struggling with AR scope height to get comfortable [Re: Lodgepole]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
switching to a rifle with a pistol grip does take some adjustment.

like everything else - practice makes perfect and is the only way to develop muscle memory.

may wish to consider a visible level to put onto your gun (or optic) to help you get used to getting rid of any cant.

hand placement and how you hold the pistol grip play a big part in the correction - that pistol grip hanging down is a very leverage heavy point for the vertical index of your firearm..

treat it more like good hangdun fundamentals and things will fall into play a bit easier.

i know that when i fixed my grip related accuracy problems for my handgun, my long gun accuracy increased significantly. much like with a handgun - if you do everything else but your trigger pull and grip position on the gun sucks - the results you get are going to follow right along.

#3212214 - 09/11/19 10:54 AM Re: struggling with AR scope height to get comfortable [Re: Lodgepole]
Gman757 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: FL
Originally Posted By: Lodgepole
Willy and Plant With the cantilever and a riser under it the center of bore to center of scope was 3 1/4 inches .I seemed to get better scope picture and quicker on target however my accuracy was suffering I think because of canting (inconsistent ) I have plenty of eye relief ,my problem I think is getting over the comb far enough (laterally ) . Thanks for your help .

What type buttstock are your using? Fixed or adjustable? Adjusting your cheek weld might be a factor.

The Magpul CTR/MOE stocks have an adjustable cheek weld option with 3 different heights of cheek risers.

https://www.magpul.com/products/ctr-moe-025-cheek-riser

There are several others that have an integral adjustable cheek riser.

https://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-buttstocks.html

#3212334 - 09/12/19 11:52 PM Re: struggling with AR scope height to get comfortable [Re: Lodgepole]
Lodgepole Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: montana
Gman I am not sure .It came on a Palmetto lower. I will find out .Thanks for the help .
&#8213; Thomas à Kempis, The Imitation of Christ

#3212335 - 09/12/19 11:53 PM Re: struggling with AR scope height to get comfortable [Re: Lodgepole]
Lodgepole Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: montana
It is not adjustable and I need to check those out .
&#8213; Thomas à Kempis, The Imitation of Christ

#3212339 - 09/13/19 01:02 AM Re: struggling with AR scope height to get comfortable [Re: Lodgepole]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
make sure whatever version you select doesnt interfere with the operation of the charging handle. a very real consideration when adding stuff to the stock of an ar15, both adjustable and not. also something us folks with pistols have to take into consideration when selecting something to use as a buffer tube sleeve (that metal gets cold when its chilly outside - especailly when rested against the side of your face!)

larue makes one that moves with the CH, but thats for an adjustable stock model (CTR) which will require replacing your buffer tube, spring and buffer assembly along with the need to purchase a CTR stock.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-risrtm-reciprocating-inline-stock-riser/

#3212406 - 09/13/19 10:29 PM Re: struggling with AR scope height to get comfortable [Re: Lodgepole]
22 Chuck Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Montmorency Co, MI
Get a cantlever-Weaver if still available for about $40 as opposed to $80 for those labelled 223 something. Probably Chinese

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  SnowmanMo 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.