Fall is coming!!!

The Duke

Every year about this time I start to get excited with the hunting that is just right around the corner!!!! Its hard for me to get motivated when its 104 degrees out!

I generally go into a kind of hunting rut at the first cool front of the season, and it gets worse as the leaves color up. LOL. Bow season is just around the corner.

Oddly enough, there was just a tiny hint of fall in the air this morning, thought it still warmed up to 98 degrees by afternoon. But that little breath of fresh air was enough to get the primal predator juices flowing. Just a couple days ago my son and I scouted out a great location for bobcats; now we just have to wait for the November season opener!

It was 38 degrees this morning, the trees are starting to turn, and I am starting to feel some swelling in my neck. Yup, its almost here!

P.S. Upland birds/turkey opened last sunday, archery for deer, elk, bear, wolf starts this Saturday. Then RIFLE wolf, bear, sheep, goat moose starts next sunday the 15th.

Around here we don't have Fall and Spring we have Winter and Summer. We have 8 months of Summer and 4 months of Winter.

The Winters can be brutal, sometimes a long sleeve T-shirt just won't keep me warm.

Winter was on a Thursday here last year.
frown.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996Winter was on a Thursday here last year. : Regards,
hm
That’s pretty good HM. I wish my winter would go by as fast. My aging bones don’t seem to handle it like I once did.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06Originally Posted By: hm1996Winter was on a Thursday here last year. : Regards,
hm
That’s pretty good HM. I wish my winter would go by as fast. My aging bones don’t seem to handle it like I once did.

Fall was @ 1930 on Wednesday and Spring @ 0700 Friday morning.
cool.gif

Regards,
hm

It’s 68* here right now with evenings dropping into the 50’s low 60’s. I’m getting the itch too but the walleye fishing here on Lake Erie has been awesome with 555 filling our freezers so far. When I pull out my 3 gallons of ice from the freezer & replace it with fish my season is about over. Fishing season that is !!!

Couple of my barrels were being threaded yesterday in anticipation of a suppressor arriving in another 10 months or so. My batteries are charged & so am I so coyote season will happen real soon !

I do miss the seasons.
I wouldn't even know what month it was here except that I have to date checks when paying bills.

Last edited:
Back