Sioux Falls, SD (Area) Coyotes

Natesky007

Hi All,

New here and will be moving to Sioux Falls in the near future for a new job (out of Minneapolis).

What are people's take on the coyotes and the predator hunting in general in the Sioux Falls area? Based on DNR statistics, that county appears to be the most dense in terms of coyote population. Is there a lot of hunting that goes down in the area?

Thanks!

It is definitely the most dense as far as HUMAN population. I would be shocked if the same were true for coyotes. However I haven't been in some time and things do change.

Last edited:
There are many,many acreages in the nearby area. It may be tough to get permission with out having housing in range.
You will just need to search out areas and stretch out a few miles. There is definitely coyotes around the area.

I hope you like combat hunting. ... because south dakota during hunting season (oct - jan) has the most hunting pressure you can imagine.

Especially Minnehaha county(Sioux Falls)
Hint do yourself a favor and register your vehicle in a different county
SD license plates are numbered by the county. Minnehaha #1. Almost worse than an out of state plate when asking permission.
If your an avid outdoorsman you're most likely going to find yourself spending alot of time outside of that county.

Last edited:
Back