walmart caves.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotdiscontinuing .223/5.56 and handgun ammo in their stores.

i figure all ammo, guns, knives, scissors and baseball bats are next. chickenchits!

Right on, Slick! Even more egregious (from their policy statement):
Quote:
Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety.

We have committed to work alongside other retailers to make the overall industry safer, including sharing our own best practices. This system navigates tens of millions of possible combinations of federal, state and local laws, regulations and licensing requirements that come into effect based on where a firearm is sold and who is purchasing. We hope that freely sharing this information will help more retailers sell firearms in a responsible, compliant manner.

Regards,
hm

They need to stop selling alcohol. Think of how many future drunk drivers they could prevent.

Walmart-Dicks.jpg

I don't really care what they do regarding ammo & such but the fact is that they've announce that they've partnered with michael bloomberg's everytown for gun safety.

this puts them in bed with the hard core anti gunners and is a line too far for me.

In my opinion walmart is one of if not the worst things to happen to this country.
It is like a vine that wraps everything and chokes the life out of it.

But people who don't have much money to spend can go there and buy cheap chinese crap that they don't need at all in air conditioned comfort on Sunday afternoon.

Yes they employ a lot of people and it's a good thing they do because they cost a lot of people their jobs.
Now they can no longer be happy selling millions of dollars worth of useless chinese crap they are going to be a big player in politics.

Maybe they don't like tariffs on chinese crap.

Originally Posted By: 64DodgeI just sent them a message that this was the last straw with me.
They have lost all faith with me plus all my business.

we really all need to start calling and emailing. let them really [beeep] themselves when the ammo sales drop numbers come in.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistIn my opinion walmart is one of if not the worst things to happen to this country.
It is like a vine that wraps everything and chokes the life out of it.

But people who don't have much money to spend can go there and buy cheap chinese crap that they don't need at all in air conditioned comfort on Sunday afternoon.

Yes they employ a lot of people and it's a good thing they do because they cost a lot of people their jobs.
Now they can no longer be happy selling millions of dollars worth of useless chinese crap they are going to be a big player in politics.

Maybe they don't like tariffs on chinese crap.

I don’t see how anyone could disagree with the above. Plain,true and to the point. They are huge, but I think greed will get them in the long run.

It is their business, they can do as they please, same as I can choose to go there or choose not to go there. If you choose to continue to shop there, you have no valid complaints, if you do not shop there, then again you have no valid complaints. Shopping there is condoning their actions.

You sure as [beeep] do not want the government telling your business how to run your business.

Umm, yes, I have the right to complain.

I don't care what the do in their stores. When they choose to become politically active and lobby to violate my civil rights I damned sure have the right to tell them what I think about it.

"Doug McMillon, Walmart's CEO, issued a statement calling on Congress to ban many semiautomatic rifles and seize firearms from some Americans who haven't been convicted of a crime -- or even charged with anything."

I won't be contributing a dime to his cause. I have zero problems with telling him that & why he just lost a family of customers.

Well I think as a gun owner and life long shooter and hunter anytime anyone especially a business that has done so well in America decides to take the weight of their business and use it to change my life I have a right to say I don't like what they are doing.
No I do not want the gov telling them their business anymore than I want the gov telling me my business.

I am a free man. My rights do not come from the government or Walmart.
If walmart does not want to sell ammo thats their business.If walmart does not want me to be able to have ammo thats my business.
If walmart uses their corporate power to promote gun control beyond one man one vote then they are messing in my business.

Besides walmart is taking over everything groceries and all. Thats dangerous.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistWell I think as a gun owner and life long shooter and hunter anytime anyone especially a business that has done so well in America decides to take the weight of their business and use it to change my life I have a right to say I don't like what they are doing.
No I do not want the gov telling them their business anymore than I want the gov telling me my business.

I am a free man. My rights do not come from the government or Walmart.
If walmart does not want to sell ammo thats their business.If walmart does not want me to be able to have ammo thats my business.
If walmart uses their corporate power to promote gun control beyond one man one vote then they are messing in my business.

Well said!

They built our local Wal-Mart on an old garbage dump site, it will be nice to see the old dump site back again. They got rid of their cashiers and put in those self checking fusterclucks about a year or so ago, that was enough to make me a loyal Giant Eagle customer even before all this political BS of theirs.
Now they want to tell Americans that we need more gun control...F U Walmart!!

Does your grocery store sell ammo? Does your local convenience store sell ammo? Does the local café sell ammo? Does any of the auto parts store sell ammo? Does the Dollar stores sell ammo? Does the local oil change place sell ammo? In most towns the answer is probably a big NO, it is the business owners right to sell what they want.

If you shopped at Walmart, you then also contributed to the decline of small businesses in America. Some of our local gun shops closed the doors are reduced inventory because of the lack of business, lot of people bitched about it, but failed to look in the mirror to see who caused it??? Get off your butt and fight back, spend your money at stores that support your values and your local economy. When your grocery bills go up shopping at your local stores, be thankful you are not supporting Walmart. When you shop for school supplies, skip the Walmart and Dollar stores, support your local stationary store, pay the extra to support a local business, while there ask if they sell ammo.

I don't care if Wal-Mart sells ammunition or not. The fact that they now actively lobby against my 2A rights, that is my problem with Wal-Mart.

Back