Game Changer bullets

pyscodog

Now that they've been out a while, those that have shot them,any opinions? A local reloading shop owner said he has sold several box's but very few have come back for a second box.

I’ll let you know tomorrow for sure. I ha e shot some groups with them in my 6.5 had cold bore squeaky clean barrel shot 4 shot groups had the first shot cold bore and clean go to the left then the next 3 went into .3” hole all touching basically. I’m going to shot some more tomorrow at different seating depths and the barrel won’t be squeaky clean so it has been fouled. I’m hoping they do good they measure accurate for ogive measurements weights spreads are good on the ones I have checked. The transition from the ballistic tip to copper is smoother then the hornady 140eldms I have.

Johny over at "Johny's Reloading Bench" shot lots of those in a few calibers. He did gel test too.

I have never had a Sierra bullet that would not shoot good.

Stiff competition out there though.

I bought a used 308 and want a good bullet for this falls deer season. I thought I might try the Game Changers if the reviews are good. I'd like to stay in the 150ish weight range.

Sorry I didn’t get out today to shoot the wind was blowing pretty good this morning and it only went up from there but I’ll let you know when I shoot them. I think you would be good to go with them for your 308.

Given the lack of reviews and range reports, I'd guess the "Gamechanger" bullets haven't changed anybody's game. We would have heard about it by now.

Found some locally today. Seems the 165 grain is all they offer. The shop had them way over priced, at least for me anyway. Powder Valley has them considerably cheaper. There were four loose bullets in the bottom of the box,(the store buys bulk then bags them into hundreds) and I bought the four loose bullets for a buck. Maybe four will give me an idea how they shoot without buying a full box.

I shot the four rounds of Game Changers today. Sure glad I didn't buy 100. May have been the powder choice and charge weight, IDK, but the group was terrible.

I have loaded the 165 GC in a 7 SAUM and found it to be equally as accurate as the Nosler LRAB, Berger VLD along with others. Like the Match Kings it was not fussy about seating depth once the powder node was established. No experience yet on game.

Like most bullets a complete load work up needs to be done to show its full potential and most of the time a bullets poor performance is blamed on the bullet when the powder choice or the lack of a proper work up is the culprit.

Mine shot around 1.5" at 2 00 out of a brand new tikka.wind was blowing hard i think they will be ok but am hoping for better results on a better day and with more barrel break in.

Originally Posted By: W. Chad ShultzMine shot around 1.5" at 2 00 out of a brand new tikka.wind was blowing hard i think they will be ok but am hoping for better results on a better day and with more barrel break in.

Cartridge, powder and bullet weight?

Well I shot mine and doing 4 shot groups the first shot will be put a little bit them then the next 3 go in the same hole. So I think it’s just a cold bore deal. They seem to be shooting good. Even with the one that is out it’s still 1/2” to sub 1/2 moa.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI shot the four rounds of Game Changers today. Sure glad I didn't buy 100. You can eval a bullet with only 4 shots huh? Boy, that's really something.

Usually it takes me about 1000rnds minimum, spread across half a dozen platforms.

Well it sure doesn't take me 1000 rounds. You a slow evaluator or something?
tt2.gif

Last edited:
Last fall I shot an antelope doe and three coyotes with 140-grain GameChangers in a .270 WSM, my daughter shot an antelope buck with a 130-grain GameChanger in a 6.5 Creedmoor. The bullets performed admirably on all counts. Grouping was better than my beloved Nosler Accubonds in both guns. Still, not the best bullet ever, but I would sure take them over a Hornady SST. (for whatever that is worth)

I know 4 rounds aren't enough to decide on a bullet or a load. My rifle shoots good groups majority of the time. This was more like a "gathering". Not enough to condemn a bullet, just enough to tell me to maybe try them another day.

Back