Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#3211873 - 09/06/19 08:22 PM Re: walmart caves. [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
tnshootist Offline
PM senior

Loc: East Tn
Well I think as a gun owner and life long shooter and hunter anytime anyone especially a business that has done so well in America decides to take the weight of their business and use it to change my life I have a right to say I don't like what they are doing.
No I do not want the gov telling them their business anymore than I want the gov telling me my business.

I am a free man. My rights do not come from the government or Walmart.
If walmart does not want to sell ammo thats their business.If walmart does not want me to be able to have ammo thats my business.
If walmart uses their corporate power to promote gun control beyond one man one vote then they are messing in my business.

Besides walmart is taking over everything groceries and all. Thats dangerous.

#3211879 - 09/06/19 09:39 PM Re: walmart caves. [Re: tnshootist]
GC Online
PM Junkie

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: tnshootist
Well I think as a gun owner and life long shooter and hunter anytime anyone especially a business that has done so well in America decides to take the weight of their business and use it to change my life I have a right to say I don't like what they are doing.
No I do not want the gov telling them their business anymore than I want the gov telling me my business.

I am a free man. My rights do not come from the government or Walmart.
If walmart does not want to sell ammo thats their business.If walmart does not want me to be able to have ammo thats my business.
If walmart uses their corporate power to promote gun control beyond one man one vote then they are messing in my business.

Well said!

#3211895 - 09/07/19 05:59 AM Re: walmart caves. [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
reloader326 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Ohio
They built our local Wal-Mart on an old garbage dump site, it will be nice to see the old dump site back again. They got rid of their cashiers and put in those self checking fusterclucks about a year or so ago, that was enough to make me a loyal Giant Eagle customer even before all this political BS of theirs.
Now they want to tell Americans that we need more gun control...F U Walmart!!

#3211920 - 09/07/19 12:01 PM Re: walmart caves. [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
dogcatcher Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: West Texas
Does your grocery store sell ammo? Does your local convenience store sell ammo? Does the local café sell ammo? Does any of the auto parts store sell ammo? Does the Dollar stores sell ammo? Does the local oil change place sell ammo? In most towns the answer is probably a big NO, it is the business owners right to sell what they want.

If you shopped at Walmart, you then also contributed to the decline of small businesses in America. Some of our local gun shops closed the doors are reduced inventory because of the lack of business, lot of people bitched about it, but failed to look in the mirror to see who caused it??? Get off your butt and fight back, spend your money at stores that support your values and your local economy. When your grocery bills go up shopping at your local stores, be thankful you are not supporting Walmart. When you shop for school supplies, skip the Walmart and Dollar stores, support your local stationary store, pay the extra to support a local business, while there ask if they sell ammo.

#3211930 - 09/07/19 02:42 PM Re: walmart caves. [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
GC Online
PM Junkie

Loc: Missouri
I don't care if Wal-Mart sells ammunition or not. The fact that they now actively lobby against my 2A rights, that is my problem with Wal-Mart.

#3211932 - 09/07/19 02:49 PM Re: walmart caves. [Re: GC]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
Originally Posted By: GC
I don't care if Wal-Mart sells ammunition or not. The fact that they now actively lobby against my 2A rights, that is my problem with Wal-Mart.

AMEN!

Regards,
hm

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3211947 - 09/07/19 06:45 PM Re: walmart caves. [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
Stu Farish Offline
Moderator/Webmaster

Loc: Have gun, will travel
we spent the afternoon shopping around & noting where the best deals are for the common things we've typically bought at walmart.

Keep calm and crazy on

#3211967 - 09/08/19 07:12 AM Re: walmart caves. [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
reloader326 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Ohio
The Left has had a hard-one for Wal-Mart for a long time because they don't pay their cashiers 6 figure salaries with benefits and they won't allow unions to take hold. I suppose they will quickly become the latest media darling.
One possible good thing from all this; maybe we will all see a resurgence of small gun shops again. They are all but gone around my area.

#3211972 - 09/08/19 09:23 AM Re: walmart caves. [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
tnshootist Offline
PM senior

Well it's only a matter of time. Lots of money for a few to be made with gun control.

Look at how well prohibition and the war on drugs worked.We still have powerful families that got their start smuggling alcohol.

Anyone who wants a gun will get one. It will just cost a lot.

Ammo the same.

Legalise pot and outlaw the shooting sports. Sounds like a great future.

How long will it be before walmart has pot boutiques in store?

#3211996 - 09/08/19 04:49 PM Re: walmart caves. [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
Stu Farish Offline
Moderator/Webmaster

if you're taking any action, say no longer shopping there, don't just do it. be sure to write them and tel them why.

be civil & polite, cussing someone isn't going to help. but state the case as to what you're doing and why.

Keep calm and crazy on

#3211998 - 09/08/19 04:52 PM Re: walmart caves. [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
Stu Farish Offline
Moderator/Webmaster

some people, it's just about impossible to not shop there. my son is in that situation, there just isn't anything else around. one small grocery store & that's it.

pretty good drive to a bigger town with options & he doesn't make that much money so it's not like he can afford to spend a lot more to avoid them entirely.

others have a lot more stores around so it's easier to adapt.

Keep calm and crazy on

#3212002 - 09/08/19 05:44 PM Re: walmart caves. [Re: Stu Farish]
tnshootist Offline
PM senior

[quote=Stu Farish]some people, it's just about impossible to not shop there. my son is in that situation, there just isn't anything else around. one small grocery store & that's it.

pretty good drive to a bigger town with options & he doesn't make that much money so it's not like he can afford to spend a lot more to avoid them entirely.

others have a lot more stores around so it's easier to adapt.

Yes there is all kinds of situations a fellow can be in. It is pretty easy for me to not shop there. I don't shop much anywhere anyway.Not the case for everyone I am sure.

It's too late to support small stores anyway as they are already gone in most places.

I doubt there will be enough people protest their actions of gun control support to get their attention. They would have studied this before hand and will have the numbers in hand they expect to gain and lose.

Do you suppose it's personal with walmart management or just business?Do you suppose they think they will gain business by not selling ammo or are they taking a stand politically not considering business at all?
I figure it's all political and they know their business won't be affected in any significant way.
I guess when you get all the money you and your heirs could ever spend there is nothing left to want except raw power.

#3212004 - 09/08/19 05:55 PM Re: walmart caves. [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
Stu Farish Offline
Moderator/Webmaster

around here we have publix, winn dixie and cash savers, just to name 3 for groceries.

there's home depot, lowes & true value for hardware.

some stuff can be had for less on amazon. not all, but it can pay to look.

we have both sams club and costco. costco is a far superior company to deal with & while they're in no way pro-gun, they are not so far engaging in political activism and demanding that my guns be banned & confiscated.

this is a decent sized city so I have options that I didn't as readily have when I lived in a small town 50 miles from anywhere.

Keep calm and crazy on

#3212008 - 09/08/19 07:34 PM Re: walmart caves. [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
pyscodog Online
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
I know I'll probably catch he11 for this but.......WalMart doesn't care what we think. They don't keep the doors open off the Sporting Goods Dept. Ya, it sucks they quit selling certain ammo but they don't care. By coddling up to the demands of the anti Black Rifle crowd, probably just helped their business. They still sell fishing equipment, hunting rifles, black powder rifles, cloths and a lot of things to get people there. And people will still shop for those items there. All the letters and e-mails make us feel better but it isn't going to change their minds. They don't care! Its all about the Benjamin's. Seems like thats the world we live in today. I got a feeling its going to get worse before it gets better.

#3212015 - 09/08/19 09:27 PM Re: walmart caves. [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
Stu Farish Offline
Moderator/Webmaster

I'm not going to just not buy stuff from the sporting goods department. I rarely bought anything from that part anyway.

I'm not going to buy a damned thing from them, period. And they've been where we do the majority of our shopping.

Keep calm and crazy on

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Infidel 762, Stu Farish 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.